Ridley Helium 2016 xs/3t Rigida LTD/Zipp 202

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Hallo,
its a Helium 2016 in paintwork of German Continental-Team "Gesundshop 24de" (i modified it a little bit)
i replaced the original fork with a 3t Rigida LTD, saving 60 gr. (Fork-geometries as good as identical)

Frameset:

Ridley Helium, xs, incl. hanger rear/front, bolts, protection foil, liner 916gr
Fork: 3t Rigida LTD (Rake 46 mm) incl Base plate 260gr
Headset: FSA 80gr
Bottom Bracket BOR PF30 72gr
seatpost clamp: Ridley 15gr
total: 1343 gr

Parts:

Seatpost: Ritchey Superlogic Carbon 27,2 mm, 25mm setback, 163gr
Seat: Selle San Marco Concor Carbon FX narrow, 135gr
Stem: Deda Superleggero 100mm/8° 111 gr.
Bar: 3t Ergonova Team Carbon 400 mm 177gr
bottle cages and hardware: Saso 24 gr
Brakes: Sram Force 10s 315gr
Front derailleur: Sram Force 10s 86gr
Rear derailleur: Sram Force 10s tuned 173gr
Crankset: BOR RR688 Power2max
Chainrings: BOR 50/34
Chainring bolts: Rotor
Chain: Ultegra 6600
Cassette: Ultegra 28/11
Wheels: Zipp 202 Tubular 2013 1090gr
Tires: Schwalbe Pro One HT 260/264gr
Pedals: Look Keo 2max 257gr
Polar/garmin/computer mounts: Garmin Edge 500
Tape/glue:Tufo Extreme
Last edited by reedplayer on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 9 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kidrob

by kidrob

Sounds great, mind to share some pics? :)

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Your bike is pretty lightweight with no really 'exotic'...massively expensive...parts
It looks as if it's built for scampering up hills...wheels just over 1kg
:thumbup:
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Hello,
actually i planed to use this spreadsheet only for listing up the weights of this bike, because i am currently outsourcing stuff concerning my hobby from my computer. but if there ist interest, i will upload a few pics soon.
@squashednuts: yes i am avoiding exotic parts, for reason of reliability, and financial reason of course (still spending far too much money, f.e. absolutely exaggerated luxury of running 4 pms :roll: )

WR74

by WR74

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I owned one of the old Heliums in Katusha paint scheme. Still miss that bike....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

reedplayer

by reedplayer

@WR74: oh, the old heliums, with the integrated seatpost, have been very nice bikes, especially with this paintjob!

few pics of mine, sorry for the picture-quality, camera is crap. total weight arround 6,4 kg incl. pedals

Last edited by reedplayer on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

i think it looks better with rsys/veloflex master, so i will complete the topic soon wih few pics in this constellation.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Did you sell your Izalco? How does this bike compared to the Focus? I was looking at this exact frame set also, but ended up with the Addict SL instead.

WR74

by WR74

Yip. Tbh I prefer the traditional seatpost

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

reedplayer

by reedplayer

asiantrick wrote:Did you sell your Izalco? How does this bike compared to the Focus? I was looking at this exact frame set also, but ended up with the Addict SL instead.

Hi,
no no, still own the izalco, and wont sell it! i purchased the ridley for having a bike at my parents place in the mountain area on weekends, in spring/summer! (....taking along a valuable bike when using german railway is just awful.. :roll: ).

the ridley feels quite smooth, probably due to the sloping geometry and, resulting, the long seatpost pull-out.
not as stiff as the focus (but easily stiff anough for my 62 kg! :wink: ).
steering is agile, but not nervous, still well suited for long downhills in the alpes (rigida is as good as identical to orignal fork, only 1mm differnce in rake).
all in all i really like the ridley, concerning aesthetics and ride-feel. i although owned a cd super six evo himod size52 for half a year and felt having one bike to much, so had to decide between ridley and cannondale.....didnt regret my decision at all! :mrgreen:

are there pictures of your addict sl? great frame, i suppose its quite similar to the Focus?

@WR74: i prefer trad. seatpost as well-but the "old" Helium was imo something special.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

replaced the 3t stem with a deda superleggero 100mm, due to aesthetics and slightly steeper angle. weight of the deda very reliable, always 10% heavier than claimed.:-)

deda stem.jpg
Attachments
3t stem.jpg

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Really like this bike. The seatpost is heavier than I'd expect - what length is it?

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Thank you very much!
i although would have expected the superlogic seatpost being lighter. length is 350mm. ....maybe because its an older modell....

reedplayer

by reedplayer

finally a few pictures with rsys/veloflex master. thats the wheelset i mostly combine with this bike.
first time going with the master. hopefully they are resistant enough for use in competitions.

o.c. we all know what this deda stem looks like....but wtf i made the picture so here it is. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Imaking20 wrote:Really like this bike. The seatpost is heavier than I'd expect - what length is it?
correction: sorry, my mistake! just weighed the post, its only 163 gr.! obviously mixed it up with the weight of flexlogic-post of my focus.