Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Poland
Around half a year ago an idea to build a vintage bike has come to my mind. I wanted to start from having just a frame or frame and fork, so I started to browse eBay and local auctions. Finally one day I saw exactly what I needed. Obviously I won the auction and it started. The frame I bought is Bianchi Reparto Corse SL Lite Alloy with original Bianchi carbon fork with aluminium steerer.

Image

Close-up photos of old frame and fork - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... ktKNHZlbk0

It's clear that new paint job was needed and having a real professional nearby I paid him a visit where we discussed how to put a new life into the frame. Three weeks later when I saw the outcome of his work, I already knew that it was a great idea to build this bike.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Photos taken during the pain job - https://imgur.com/a/gyx4N

We got rid of all the stickers and now the only sticker is the Bianchi logo on the headtube and a small logo on fork.

Having the frameset ready for the build I started to look for other components, Italian frame needs Italian groupset so Campagnolo was the only choice I had. I looked for Record or Super Record 11s and after a couple of months I completed all the groupset parts I needed.
At the moment I am waiting for the last pieces like BB cups, cables, housing, headset and hopefully the build will start at the beginning of December.

Current specification:
Image


Top
   
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:28 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:18 am
Posts: 39
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Lovely! Paint job came out great

_________________
The Journey is more important than the Destination!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 6678
Location: Athens, Greece
I preferred the original paintjob TBH but the new one looks nice and simple too.

_________________
My 6536gr TIME Skylon
My 9733gr COLNAGO Master X-light


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 am
Posts: 180
Location: Belgium
Oh wow, yeah! Very nice project! Looking at the pics made during/before the painting it was the right choice and the result looks great!

You sure you want to go for Zipp Bars and Stem? Looking at the bike and other parts, only Deda (Italian) seems the more "emotional" right choice? :)

Dont forget to replace the bottle holder bolts btw ;)

_________________
My bike


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Poland
kidrob wrote:
Oh wow, yeah! Very nice project! Looking at the pics made during/before the painting it was the right choice and the result looks great!

You sure you want to go for Zipp Bars and Stem? Looking at the bike and other parts, only Deda (Italian) seems the more "emotional" right choice? :)

Dont forget to replace the bottle holder bolts btw ;)


I prefer aero handlebars and that's why I chose Zipp bars, stem is classic looking PRO, not that thick Zipp Sprint SL stem. Aero bars along with 60mm deep carbon rims will make the bike more modern and we'll see how it fits together.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:11 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Sweden
This is going to be awesome! :beerchug:

_________________
Trek Madone 9 Project One
Colnago C50 PR11


Ex: Eddie Merckx EMX-7, Colnago Master, Rose Pro SL Carbon


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 620
http://www.dedaelementi.com/en/product/superzero-hb/


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 am
Posts: 142
nice!! old bianchi came with BSA?? I would have thought it would be Italian threaded.

_________________
Oltre XR3, Diverge DSW


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Poland
Boshk wrote:
nice!! old bianchi came with BSA?? I would have thought it would be Italian threaded.


I checked the threads and the directions on both sides are different and it is BSA indeed.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 6678
Location: Athens, Greece
Alu Bianchis were usually BSA. Steel were ITA.

_________________
My 6536gr TIME Skylon
My 9733gr COLNAGO Master X-light


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:25 am
Posts: 158
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
You can't really go wrong with a celeste Bianchi :-) Looking forward to seeing the final build!

Carmelobymelo, I'm intrigue with your frame's head tube bearing set-up, what bearings will you be using?

Thanks for sharing your project!

Cheers

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137694
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=143856


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Poland
Look565w wrote:
You can't really go wrong with a celeste Bianchi :-) Looking forward to seeing the final build!

Carmelobymelo, I'm intrigue with your frame's head tube bearing set-up, what bearings will you be using?

Thanks for sharing your project!

Cheers


To figure out what headset is needed I will need to consult with my LBS

Does anyone have any ideas?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:41 pm
Posts: 142
Location: ITALY
carmelobymelo wrote:
Look565w wrote:
You can't really go wrong with a celeste Bianchi :-) Looking forward to seeing the final build!

Carmelobymelo, I'm intrigue with your frame's head tube bearing set-up, what bearings will you be using?

Thanks for sharing your project!

Cheers


To figure out what headset is needed I will need to consult with my LBS

Does anyone have any ideas?


Firstly you need to know if the steerer tube is 1'' or 1-1/8'', IMO it should be 1-1/8''

_________________
My 5,17 kg Supersix Evo HM: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=15

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Poland
garjo wrote:
carmelobymelo wrote:
Look565w wrote:
You can't really go wrong with a celeste Bianchi :-) Looking forward to seeing the final build!

Carmelobymelo, I'm intrigue with your frame's head tube bearing set-up, what bearings will you be using?

Thanks for sharing your project!

Cheers


To figure out what headset is needed I will need to consult with my LBS

Does anyone have any ideas?


Firstly you need to know if the steerer tube is 1'' or 1-1/8'', IMO it should be 1-1/8''


Steerer is 1", previous owner used an adapter for 1-1/8 stem


Top
   
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:42 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Pa USA
Cane creek has a headset finder based on measurements on their website. I recall that the oem headset was Cane Creek.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Planet X Galibier SL Alloy Road Frameset - Cheap 900G Alloy Frameset

in Road

waltthizzney

7

2827

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:50 am

wingguy View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Oltre XR4 (7.3kg w/ SRM PC8)

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Seedster

35

5491

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 am

zappafile123 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi XR4, XR3 differences

in Road

r_mutt

14

958

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:53 am

zappafile123 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi x Ferrari

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

moyboy

30

2289

Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:58 pm

inchul View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Bianchi Oltre XR3

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

thebucket

37

8593

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 pm

TonyM View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CamW and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited