My Giant Propel Advanced SL (6980 grams)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

After few Orbea bikes, I decided to have something new. One of my good friend was selling the bike getting a gravel bike so we traded them and we both are quite happy with the decisions.

I went for a trip in Europe just after I got the bike and rode it 1500km around Krakow/Poland and Bergamo/Italy. Amazing handling, feels really fast and even with my rubbish cornering skills, I am quite confident with the frame.

Here is build list;
Giant Propel Advanced SL Frame (Size M, with RideSense sensor)
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 groupset (50-34 / 11-28)
Vittoria Elusion Nero wheelset and Specialized Roubaix Pro tires
Selle Italia SLR Team Edition carbon saddle, Giant Contact stem (120mm) and Giant SLR handlebar (42cm)
Time xPresso 10 pedals and Arundel Mandible bottle cages.

Weight is around 7250 grams thanks to heavy wheels, tires and the stem. I am really happy with the wheelset but in the near future I'll get a 50-60mm carbon tubulars for fun. Tires will change quite soon and if I can get a bargain about the stem, I'll upgrade it as well.

Here are the photos;
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Last edited by ToffieBoi on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Photos died on the first post and also I made some changes, so here is the updated version of my bike;

*Giant Propel Advanced SL frame and fork.
*Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 groupset (50-34 / 11-28) with HG601 chain and Time xPresso 10 pedals.
*3T Orbis II T35LTD wheelset and Challenge Elite tubulars. Tufo tape and Continental valve extenders.
*Giant Contact SLR handlebars 42cm, Giant Contact SLR stem 115mm and Fizik Arione R3 saddle.
*Arundel Mandible cages, Giant RideSense sensor, Giant Contact SLR Garmin mount.

She weight just under 7000 grams including everything on the list.

jencvo

by jencvo

ToffieBoi wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:07 pm
Photos died on the first post and also I made some changes, so here is the updated version of my bike;

*Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 groupset (50-34 / 11-28) with HG601 chain and Time xPresso 10 pedals.
*3T Orbis II T35LTD wheelset and Challenge Elite tubulars. Tufo tape and Continental valve extenders.
*Giant Contact SLR handlebars 42cm, Giant Contact SLR stem 115mm and Fizik Arione R3 saddle.
*Arundel Mandible cages, Giant RideSense sensor, Giant Contact SLR Garmin mount.

How are the wheels you have on your bike? I'm looking at a pair myself, mostly curious about stiffness and braking.

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

jencvo wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 pm
ToffieBoi wrote:

How are the wheels you have on your bike? I'm looking at a pair myself, mostly curious about stiffness and braking.
So far they are behaving really well.
Braking is really strong in the dry. I'm using the original pads came with them (Yellow Kings) and I have no worries about the power. They start squeek a bit too loud once they are warm, but I didn't feel them losing the power. I didn't have a chance them in the rain yet so I can't comment on that.
Hubs are nice, they roll really well. Rim profile is really stable in strong winds and silent. Rear wheel is laterally not so stiff, but in terms of power transfer, it is riding great.
One thing I need to tell is, unlike the 3T mentiones, wheels are 34mm high and 24mm wide. A milimeter narrower and shorter.

jencvo

by jencvo

ToffieBoi wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 pm
jencvo wrote:
ToffieBoi wrote:

Braking is really strong in the dry. I'm using the original pads came with them (Yellow Kings) and I have no worries about the power. They start squeek a bit too loud once they are warm, but I didn't feel them losing the power. I didn't have a chance them in the rain yet so I can't comment on that.
Hubs are nice, they roll really well. Rim profile is really stable in strong winds and silent. Rear wheel is laterally not so stiff, but in terms of power transfer, it is riding great.
One thing I need to tell is, unlike the 3T mentiones, wheels are 34mm high and 24mm wide. A milimeter narrower and shorter.
Thank you for the reply. In terms of rear wheel's lack of stiffness, if you don't mind me asking, how heavy are you? I'm 84kg, which obviously makes a big difference if the wheels are not stiff on you being quite a bit lighter.

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

jencvo wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 pm
ToffieBoi wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 pm
jencvo wrote:
ToffieBoi wrote:

Thank you for the reply. In terms of rear wheel's lack of stiffness, if you don't mind me asking, how heavy are you? I'm 84kg, which obviously makes a big difference if the wheels are not stiff on you being quite a bit lighter.
I weight under 65kg, depends on my breakfast :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com