My Scott Pro Racing Project bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Dr Sunn

by Dr Sunn

HUMMM MIAM MIAM :D

Quick pics pics ! :D

I find that the Pro Racing is uncommun !
http://julmtb.com French WW community

chrisxc

by chrisxc

That's a nice one!
Only thing: Why the heavy Thomson stem and seatpost. Don't get me wrong, I really like the items, but they're on the heavy site for a build like this.
ride it fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sniperworks

by sniperworks

Well the story about the Thomson stuff is simple, I always liked their parts, the way they are crafted. and for this bike I got the chance to get a stem and seatpost soon after I bought the bike.
I was not infected by the WW virus at that time.
I just bought stuff that looked good.

I got more parts that aren't the lightest option like the Dual controls and the XTR V-brakes.

later on my goal had shifted to build a good looking that is original and also to make it alot lighter. and sometimes I had to compromise.

The Weightweenie part of me wanted a much lighter option for the stem and a lighter post.
but I don't like a Syntace F99 at all, I think it is utterly dull.
and with that I wanted them in silver. so my replacement choices are limited.
I do like the Extralite Ultrastem UL2 but it is also only availeble in black.
unless you got a other option :wink:

and for pictures:
I took them when it was already dark so the lighting is not perfect :wink:

the rear mech area:

SID athena:

XTR crankset with pedals and KMC X9 SL chain.

and the full picture how it is at this moment (with my old wheelset in it)

as soon as I am finished I will take the bike to the place where it belongs....

a showroom or was it the forest... have to figure that out later :lol:
Attachments
SID athena close up small.jpg
Buildup PT3 small.jpg
XTR crank, front mech, xpedo Ti Ti small.jpg
XTR rear close up small.jpg

big steve

by big steve

nice couch etc and agree on the postion of your electrical socket (i know, i'm an electrical design engineer ;)) and as for the bike that is a stunning example!

sniperworks

by sniperworks

big steve wrote:nice couch etc and agree on the postion of your electrical socket (i know, i'm an electrical design engineer ;))

It is a old house and most if the stuff is originally placed before there where safety regulations and health regulations to worry about, I find it to be a great place cause I use them for my spotlights for my photo's (can see 2 foto's of the Grand Canyon in 1 of the pics, and Yes I know 1 of them is not streight :P hit it with the bike :lol: )

but thanks for the comment 8)

speedtrap

by speedtrap

Want to share my scott pro comp 2004...

Comments are welcome..

Dr Sunn

by Dr Sunn

Nice bike :) (like all the Scott)

But i do not like your pedals, your mechanical brakes and your wheels.

But i agree with you, the Crossmax color is according to the color of the frame ! :P

sniperworks

by sniperworks

that frame was only sold as seperate wasn't it? as 04 Comp racing.

I bought my 03 Pro racing in the end of 2004 I wanted to buy it in 2003 but they did not have it in stock anymore in my size when I ordered it. and the 04 version wasn't out at that time.

Near the end of 2004 I could get a custom build 04 Pro racing like Dr Sunn has, but did not like it as much as the 03 version (no offence Dr Sunn) I just liked the Decals of the 03 version more.
And in December 04 I found stock 03 Pro Racing, in superb condition with only a few miles on it. it even had the original shimano packing grease on the chain. apart from the dust and the flat tyres (been standing still for 1 year) it could have come streight from a showroom.

Changed a the fork as soon as I got the bike, and later on I changed a few other things (went from avid brakes to XTR and added the Thomson stuff and a CK headset, cause the original Cane Creek had dirt in it after 2 rides already) at the end of the nice weather (halfway authum) I started this rebuild.

And to be honest I did not expect I would change so much
:lol:

@speedtrap: Like Dr. Sunn said why are you running Mechanical disc brakes?? couldn't better opt for hydrolic versions or even V-Brakes? cause the only advantage of mechanical discbrakes is optical, and they aren't even strong in that.

Dr Sunn

by Dr Sunn

Very nice colours sniperworks ! Humm silver Thomson, blue and Sid Athena; i love it !

Your chain is nice, it is new, but i think that the gold coulour goes away quickly.

When you will put your tires ? :D

sniperworks

by sniperworks

The Tyres will be on the bike as soon as my final wheelset comes back from tightning (I only laced them but the spokes are not tight yet so I brought them to someone who is really good at building wheels so he will make them perfectly streight and centered.

I expect it to pick em up at the end of the week.

Not all blue bolts are on the bike, I just ordered some extralite blue waterbottle cage bolts for the empty spot and also am waiting for some SRP bolts but those are mainly Ti bolts and could take a while to arrive. and because they are not colored It does not matter to show them cause exept for a small weigt gain it is not really interesting. :wink:

I will wait and see how long the gold on the chain stays, atm alot of parts are brand new, exeptions:
- rear mech
- STI
- Stem and seatpost
And I did already have a set of XTR V-brakes before but a on 1 of the s arms the tread was gone so I had to use a bolt and a nut to fix the cable. I sold the good set and used the damaged set as a experiment to see how well the can be polished (started on it abit to see how they take sandpaper.. but haven't been at it for long)

carlos

by carlos

man, that silver thomson stem looks super! that will be a great bike,just like dr.sunn ride! congratulations.
hey
ho
lets go!

Dr Sunn

by Dr Sunn

Today i have reassembled my Scott, new chain (PC89r hollow pin).

And i have sandpapered my XTR rear gear, i have striped it after a fall.

I would buy Tiso gold pulley :D And gold bolts for my stem, gears, and bottle cage. :D [/img]

Lukas Koukal

by Lukas Koukal

I find pedals and cables useful when riding from time to time :lol:

But it´s a very nice build indeed! I must admire Your colour scheme, a perfect match :thumbup:
I used to care, now I take a pill for that.

sniperworks

by sniperworks

Dr Sunn what Kind of pedals do you have??

I was going to buy a SRAM PC89R hollow pin also, but xxlight-bikes did not have em in stock anymore so he recommended a KMC X9 and so I looked at the KMC site and found the gold series so asked if he could make it a X9 SL gold :lol:

Dr Sunn

by Dr Sunn

Lukas Koukal wrote:I find pedals and cables useful when riding from time to time :lol:

But it´s a very nice build indeed! I must admire Your colour scheme, a perfect match :thumbup:

Thanh you very much :D I love my bike and snipers' bike too !

Nokon coming soon :lol: And fix brake tube :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com