Ti Enigma

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DaveO

by DaveO

So I finally had enough of press fit bottom brackets and decided to go back to threaded, I always fancied a titanium frame so when i saw this become available I sensed a project coming on....

Last edited by DaveO on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DaveO

by DaveO

First job the forks and headset colour not to my taste at all...

Before

Untitled

Stripped the paint and lacquer using a razor blade.

DaveO

by DaveO

Painted the forks matt black, fitted a new King headset and refitted original Enigma decals.

Then built her up with SR and a Chorus crank, finished off with Deda and a Fizik Arione R1 saddle.

When I rode it the S Works tarmac sat idle, I love this thing! So smooth, especially on our crappy roads.

7.7kg complete with cages, pedals etc. Not the lightest but the way it rides more tham makes up for it.

markyboy

by markyboy

Hi dave looks very nice :thumbup:
I sold you the frame glad you like it.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

DaveO

by DaveO

Haha hi Mark, glad you like it!

The carbon had to be sold, I just much prefer this!

markyboy

by markyboy

DaveO wrote:Haha hi Mark, glad you like it!

The carbon had to be sold, I just much prefer this!

Well i agree i might even go for a disc version i do miss ti
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Nice work, I just wonder why did you bother to replace the logos?
Removing them (along with the paint) saves mass - which is the point of WeightWeenies.

Besides, ENVE is not paying you to advertise for them, nor will they acknowledge any warranty claim since you removed the paint, which their lawyers would claim (incorrectly, but a court will not counter) that the paint comprised part of the original structural element for the fork's safety. But most importantly they are not paying you to advertise for them, why are you advertising for them??
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

DaveO

by DaveO

prendrefeu wrote:Nice work, I just wonder why did you bother to replace the logos?
Removing them (along with the paint) saves mass - which is the point of WeightWeenies.

Besides, ENVE is not paying you to advertise for them, nor will they acknowledge any warranty claim since you removed the paint, which their lawyers would claim (incorrectly, but a court will not counter) that the paint comprised part of the original structural element for the fork's safety. But most importantly they are not paying you to advertise for them, why are you advertising for them??

Just kept them pretty standard looking is all. I'm not worried about warranty so I'm going to get all bent out of shape over it.

bilwit

by bilwit

I quite liked the orange/bronze setup.. I was wondering about making it matte black and putting the decals on afterward too since they come like that when you buy it off the shelf.

merlinxlm

by merlinxlm

Lovely bike, regreting selling my Merlin XLM, mtb. So easy so easy to clean, and looked like new after 10 years of hrd mtb’ing. I might one day, sell all my carbon bikes. And buy one titanium all year bike.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Looks great...about the only thing I would change is shorten the brake cable housing at the rear break.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com