Stinner Gibraltar Disc Ti Fade

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Wires are semi inside the bar which is drilled/modified and we used a bar end junction.

Some wire is under the bartape.

Not sure I'll ride it this year. I want to do some studio shots first.

Also building a new Stelbel project for the winter that I'll be riding. I'll post that up asap. Await deliver there.

I can live with the stem to keep it all ENVE, wanted to keep it as coherent as possible.

I can't live with the enve bar shape however nor did I want to drill them to take di2 junction so used the snake.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

SuperDomestique wrote:Wires are semi inside the bar which is drilled/modified and we used a bar end junction.

Some wire is under the bartape.

Do you mind to share a little more detail? You have pics of it? It did something similar with my Superlogic bars : drilled it to run the wire from the bar end box to the shifter and the wire between both shifters internally. Other wires run under de bartape. But i'm very intrested in details about drill locations f.ex. Btw, stunning bike with very nice paintjob and proportions. Like others, I only not like the Enve stem as much as the rest of the bike.

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Sure bars are drilled on the flat section of the drops as close to the end as possible without interfering with the junction. The holes face each other across the bike. So the left hand hole is at 3 and right hand 9 on the clock if you look at the bar end.

The wires travel outside of the bar, under the tape between the holes and the levers, bike facing side of the bars, as the holes are. The cable between the shifters runs inside the bar and out both holes.

The cable to the bb junction runs out of the lh shifter with the rear brake hose and they are shrink wrapped together so all you really see are two brake hoses coming off the bars.

If we do another I'll take pictures during the build but we were too busy to do that this time around.

As this is my bike I'm happy to be a guinea pig wrt the drilling. Not sure I would do this for a client even though I'm confident there is little to no stress on the bar where we drilled. It's around or behind where my 5th finger would rest/grip on the bars,

Delorre

by Delorre

SuperDomestique wrote:Sure bars are drilled on the flat section of the drops as close to the end as possible without interfering with the junction. The holes face each other across the bike. So the left hand hole is at 3 and right hand 9 on the clock if you look at the bar end.

The wires travel outside of the bar, under the tape between the holes and the levers, bike facing side of the bars, as the holes are. The cable between the shifters runs inside the bar and out both holes.

The cable to the bb junction runs out of the lh shifter with the rear brake hose and they are shrink wrapped together so all you really see are two brake hoses coming off the bars.

If we do another I'll take pictures during the build but we were too busy to do that this time around.

As this is my bike I'm happy to be a guinea pig wrt the drilling. Not sure I would do this for a client even though I'm confident there is little to no stress on the bar where we drilled. It's around or behind where my 5th finger would rest/grip on the bars,

:thumbup: Thx a lot!! I drilled 2 holes in the top section a bar, at the end of the cable groove, so that the wire between both shifters goes inside to pass the stem, but in a straight line. Next time, I may do like you and run a much longer wire between both. My current one is merely 550mm long. How long is yours? The one hole at the bottom part of the bar is similar to yours.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

AZR3 wrote:
corky wrote:Love everything but the enve stem.......

Looks perfect for crappy Surrey road surfaces

I completely agree, not sure why so many of these custom builds use that stem, never seen a bike it looks good on

With that out of the way, everything else looks incredible

Cats out here love it because they have notions of supporting an American company. Same reason you will rarely see Campagnolo on these bikes. Prediction: with the fat tire road disc market "blowing up" next year 70% of the custom builds will be SRAM, 27% Shimano and 3% Campy.

OP, paint looks great (as does the DA PM).

stormur

by stormur

beeatnik wrote:Cats out here love it because they have notions of supporting an American company. Same reason you will rarely see Campagnolo on these bikes. Prediction: with the fat tire road disc market "blowing up" next year 70% of the custom builds will be SRAM, 27% Shimano and 3% Campy.

FIAT sells much more cars than Maserati, but it doesn't make it better car :mrgreen: not at all .

BTW did Sram solved already weird shift cable routing on hydro levers, or still its bent cause problems with shifting on non clutch RD's ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

1000mm for the cable between the shifters.

Delorre wrote:
SuperDomestique wrote:Sure bars are drilled on the flat section of the drops as close to the end as possible without interfering with the junction. The holes face each other across the bike. So the left hand hole is at 3 and right hand 9 on the clock if you look at the bar end.

:thumbup: Thx a lot!! I drilled 2 holes in the top section a bar, at the end of the cable groove, so that the wire between both shifters goes inside to pass the stem, but in a straight line. Next time, I may do like you and run a much longer wire between both. My current one is merely 550mm long. How long is yours? The one hole at the bottom part of the bar is similar to yours.

morganb

by morganb

I love the fade, I'm still kicking myself for not doing a fade on my Gunnar, for some reason I didn't even think about it until the bike was about to be delivered.