Supersix Evo 2 HM

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Nixster

by Nixster

Yetiunio wrote:I've just bought secondhand supersix, because the varnish on it is a little bit used (few deeper scratches), I think chainging the paint. Maybe the fluo orange won't be my choice, but thank you for inspiration :) Amazing bike!

Thanks that's very kind!
I really like the main colour now.
I find the frame a bit 'busy' if I'm honest, too much going on with words, acronyms and graphic lines. I've considered sanding some off but it has grown on me over time. Plus I can see the expression on my wife's face already if I even mentioned taking sandpaper to it!

Good luck with your build :beerchug:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Nixster on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nixster

by Nixster

grover wrote:Jagwire Elite Link...PITA...but how good do the brakes feel now! Love mine.

I can see how they'd be great if you had long cable runs but with mine being a small size the runs are short, so probably one of my least favourite purchases. Plus the combination of the aero bars and cabling up for 'driving on the left' makes the rear particularly tricky but I could have been doing it badly.

Now they're on though... the difference is minimal if I'm honest. [emoji853]
Look good though! [emoji3]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Nixster wrote:

Good looking bike
Thanks for pictures
Tapatalk very easy
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

deltree

by deltree

Nixster wrote:
Asteroid wrote:If your top cap and expander is anything like the stock one on my non-HM, the thing weighs some serious grams. My swap out saved 50g.

Do you have a breakdown on how you got the headset saving? Just wondering if there are some cheap grammes there [emoji3]

Depends what expander you have already. The current model of KP017 weighs 16g and is roughly £17. The older model is about 50g. You probably already have the lighter version. Looks like this

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Nice looking build. Can't go wrong with orange and black!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Nixster

by Nixster

deltree wrote:
Nixster wrote:
Asteroid wrote:If your top cap and expander is anything like the stock one on my non-HM, the thing weighs some serious grams. My swap out saved 50g.

Do you have a breakdown on how you got the headset saving? Just wondering if there are some cheap grammes there [emoji3]

Depends what expander you have already. The current model of KP017 weighs 16g and is roughly £17. The older model is about 50g. You probably already have the lighter version. Looks like this

You're right, I have the lighter one already. I see from other builds that there's options for going lighter still but only by a handful of grammes.

Nixster

by Nixster

wheelbuilder wrote:Nice looking build. Can't go wrong with orange and black!

Thanks!

Yetiunio

by Yetiunio

Nixster wrote:
Yetiunio wrote:I've just bought secondhand supersix, because the varnish on it is a little bit used (few deeper scratches), I think chainging the paint. Maybe the fluo orange won't be my choice, but thank you for inspiration :) Amazing bike!

Thanks that's very kind!
I really like the main colour now.
I find the frame a bit 'busy' if I'm honest, too much going on with words, acronyms and graphic lines. I've considered sanding some off but it has grown on me over time. Plus I can see the expression on my wife's face already if I even mentioned taking sandpaper to it!

Good luck with your build :beerchug:

Thank you too :beerchug:
Mine supersix is evo in glossy black, I would like to change it but everyone tells me it is beautiful and the trend for black bikes will come back sooner or later :D
I think I will have to introduce myself and my bike in close future (when I will find a little more time to do that).

Cheers!