Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm
Posts: 17
Yetiunio wrote:
I've just bought secondhand supersix, because the varnish on it is a little bit used (few deeper scratches), I think chainging the paint. Maybe the fluo orange won't be my choice, but thank you for inspiration :) Amazing bike!

Thanks that's very kind!
I really like the main colour now.
I find the frame a bit 'busy' if I'm honest, too much going on with words, acronyms and graphic lines. I've considered sanding some off but it has grown on me over time. Plus I can see the expression on my wife's face already if I even mentioned taking sandpaper to it!

Good luck with your build :beerchug:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Last edited by Nixster on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm
Posts: 17
grover wrote:
Jagwire Elite Link...PITA...but how good do the brakes feel now! Love mine.

I can see how they'd be great if you had long cable runs but with mine being a small size the runs are short, so probably one of my least favourite purchases. Plus the combination of the aero bars and cabling up for 'driving on the left' makes the rear particularly tricky but I could have been doing it badly.

Now they're on though... the difference is minimal if I'm honest.
Look good though!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:44 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:12 am
Posts: 179
Location: Christchurch New Zealand
Nixster wrote:


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Good looking bike
Thanks for pictures
Tapatalk very easy


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm
Posts: 197
Location: London, UK
Nixster wrote:
Asteroid wrote:
If your top cap and expander is anything like the stock one on my non-HM, the thing weighs some serious grams. My swap out saved 50g.



Do you have a breakdown on how you got the headset saving? Just wondering if there are some cheap grammes there


Depends what expander you have already. The current model of KP017 weighs 16g and is roughly £17. The older model is about 50g. You probably already have the lighter version. Looks like this

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 am
Posts: 184
Nice looking build. Can't go wrong with orange and black!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm
Posts: 17
deltree wrote:
Nixster wrote:
Asteroid wrote:
If your top cap and expander is anything like the stock one on my non-HM, the thing weighs some serious grams. My swap out saved 50g.



Do you have a breakdown on how you got the headset saving? Just wondering if there are some cheap grammes there


Depends what expander you have already. The current model of KP017 weighs 16g and is roughly £17. The older model is about 50g. You probably already have the lighter version. Looks like this

Image

You're right, I have the lighter one already. I see from other builds that there's options for going lighter still but only by a handful of grammes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm
Posts: 17
wheelbuilder wrote:
Nice looking build. Can't go wrong with orange and black!

Thanks!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Supersix Evo 2 HM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:06 pm
Posts: 24
Nixster wrote:
Yetiunio wrote:
I've just bought secondhand supersix, because the varnish on it is a little bit used (few deeper scratches), I think chainging the paint. Maybe the fluo orange won't be my choice, but thank you for inspiration :) Amazing bike!

Thanks that's very kind!
I really like the main colour now.
I find the frame a bit 'busy' if I'm honest, too much going on with words, acronyms and graphic lines. I've considered sanding some off but it has grown on me over time. Plus I can see the expression on my wife's face already if I even mentioned taking sandpaper to it!

Good luck with your build :beerchug:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Thank you too :beerchug:
Mine supersix is evo in glossy black, I would like to change it but everyone tells me it is beautiful and the trend for black bikes will come back sooner or later :D
I think I will have to introduce myself and my bike in close future (when I will find a little more time to do that).

Cheers!


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Supersix 2016 FORK on a Supersix 2014 FRAME

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

garjo

35

3912

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:12 pm

tarmackev View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. My Supersix Evo (Not HM)

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

cbliu

1

844

Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:14 am

CultofCaad View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. My Supersix Evo

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

eriktu

2

943

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:56 am

eriktu View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Supersix Evo Build

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Peeza21

43

7669

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Peeza21 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Supersix Evo vs CAAD12

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Thenuge

25

4171

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:54 am

Peperami View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: donald, MoPho, Mtek and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited