2018 Trek Emonda SLR Disc - Project One - H1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KaiLingMan64

by KaiLingMan64

I would have thought that the Trek Emonda Disc would built up much lighter than that!
I am currently building a Colnago C60 Disc with Campagnolo Super Record EPS H11 and hoping for a Sub 7.5kg.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:04 pm
I believe you, but I remember that wasn't the case. Maybe that was just the case of the original run of bikes, or Trek changed that decision, since it isn't mentioned on their website.

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/219954 ... int-scheme ("John’s lucky number and removable team logos complete the design.")
Wow. Maybe some of them are removable. I love the “red anodised look” of some parts of the frame like the Isospeed cover. You can’t option that.

Thanks, from what I saw they were all under the clear coat, maybe not all.
BandiCoote

Eddy Merckx Roubaix70 custom build
Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

BREAKING NEWS: The whole Trek-Segafredo team that are in Adelaide are riding 2018 Emonda Disc bikes, full 9170 and Aeolus 3 D3 Disc wheelsets. Curiously, all are rolling 140mm rotors front and rear. Looks like their standard team issue this year. The OP is way ahead of the game, but he hasn’t got one of those cool cast-in Racing number holder thingys :)

I only know this as I had a heap of them cruise past me when climbing Norton’s Summit the other day when I was there.
BandiCoote

Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Yeah, they're going all-disc this year, except for Madone and Speed Concept. Trek announced that they've got a standard spec for their bikes, and disc brake is it!

stormur

by stormur

aren't 160mm rotors UCI only approved ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

No, 160 is just the standard adopted by the UCI for Neutral Support, but there's nothing preventing the manufacturers from specifying a different size, their riders just won't be able to obtain anything, unless its from the team car.

MRM

by MRM

Looks marvelous outside of the horrible brake cable routing (which isn't your fault). Good job, Dickbutt!

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

FIJIGabe wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:36 pm
No, 160 is just the standard adopted by the UCI for Neutral Support, but there's nothing preventing the manufacturers from specifying a different size, their riders just won't be able to obtain anything, unless its from the team car.

What he said. National road race championships and world-tour have certain specificaitons such as 12mm thru-axles front and rear are mandatory as are rotor sizes, but the national regulations differ and as such in a lot of countries basically they’ve gone “any discs, any axles”, to allow the customer to choose his own spec. Me, I would run a 160 front and a 140 rear, 12mm both ends, (which is the world-tour spec, thankfully) and flat mounts. But I stayed rim brake this time, as I feel that I couldn’t justify a lot of the cost for the disc tech, and there’s a lot of latent equipment out there for me (if I want to buy a set of high end race wheels, then I can without much cost and effort).
BandiCoote

Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Beautiful colour scheme and the build is very tidy.
Just don't understand why you would build a light frame like an Edmonda this way - discs and deep wheels? Surely that is more of a Madone build.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

Delorre

by Delorre

dadoflam08 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm
Just don't understand why you would build a light frame like an Edmonda this way - discs and deep wheels? Surely that is more of a Madone build.
With an Emonda frame, you can build a disc bike below 6.5 kg without too much problem. So, I totaly understand the choise! I would have choosen lower and lighter wheels if it had been my bike, but other than that, this build makes sense.

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

Delorre wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:23 pm
dadoflam08 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm
With an Emonda frame, you can build a disc bike below 6.5 kg without too much problem. So, I totaly understand the choise! I would have choosen lower and lighter wheels if it had been my bike, but other than that, this build makes sense.
Deep wheels look cool, and are far better for flat, fast riding. I swap between deep (50-60mm) carbon wheels for criterium racing and alloy shallow wheels for hills and regular riding/ training (Fulcrum Racing Zero Competizione C17). With the Emonda you can do this. (You can do it with a Madone as well, true, but you make a choice speed-v-weight. also ride characteristics. That's the beauty of cycling!)
BandiCoote

Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

rynogee

by rynogee

does anyone have a geometry chart for the H1 geo for 2018 emonda disc they could post? Want to compare with the H2 geo, which is what I understand is posted on the Trek website.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

If no one has it, you can shoot Trek an e-mail and they'll send it to you, pretty quickly.

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

rynogee wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:09 am
does anyone have a geometry chart for the H1 geo for 2018 emonda disc they could post? Want to compare with the H2 geo, which is what I understand is posted on the Trek website.
H1 and H2 geometry is the same for disc and rim brake bikes, to the millimeter. I’m on the move, so I can’t find the chart but it’s the same for both braking options.
BandiCoote

Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Didn't this bike get wrecked?
Please rebuild one in H2 (no spacers needed for you this time) with rim brakes and ALTO carbon clinchers.