Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: Aix en Provence
Below my new Seven evergreen Pro with Campy discs and the new Bora discs. It replaces my Crux. Only a short ride for now but this is nice and I enjoyed the campy disc brakes.





Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 12:09 pm
Posts: 720
Oh man, simply stunning!! 8) And those details, like the dropouts, are a work of art :thumbup:

_________________
Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 2013
Scott Addict Orica Greenedge
Canyon Endurace CF SLX


Top
   
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:32 am
Posts: 34
Wow! That is a nice rig. Do you know the weight of it?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: Aix en Provence
Slammed wrote:
Wow! That is a nice rig. Do you know the weight of it?

Nope but I will find out eventually !


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:27 pm
Posts: 59
Amazing bike! Was it custom geometry, did you go off the Crux geo? Please add some details on order process and time to delivery. Thx


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: Aix en Provence
Mtek wrote:
Amazing bike! Was it custom geometry, did you go off the Crux geo? Please add some details on order process and time to delivery. Thx

Yes it is a custom, I asked for the same fit as my F8. It took about 2 months from the order. Getting the campy parts was the delicate thing as they just came out.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:05 pm
Posts: 214
This is a stunner. Looks especially nice with Campy.

Does the carbon/ti blend provide more compliance?

_________________
My Protos
My XR4


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: Aix en Provence
Seedster wrote:
This is a stunner. Looks especially nice with Campy.

Does the carbon/ti blend provide more compliance?

This is hard to tell. This thing is riding on 38mm compass extra light tires that are very comfy.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: Aix en Provence
Image

After 3 days of riding this bike on dirt trails and roads I can affirm that campy discs are awesome. Modulation is great, the lever feels is very similar to a campy caliper and power is excellent. Really happy about this.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:01 am
Posts: 537
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tell us the decision making process of choosing seven for this bike pls.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: Aix en Provence
gravity wrote:
Tell us the decision making process of choosing seven for this bike pls.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leadtime and the fact that I know some people there. I am not waiting for customs for a year+ anymore. Seven also built my Spectrum which is a great bike.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 142
How is what is effectively pure road fit off road? I have a Crux and can't seem to get comfortable on it compared to my Tarmac and have considered going custom to get a long/low fit with big tires.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Posts: 1433
Location: Aix en Provence
morganb wrote:
How is what is effectively pure road fit off road? I have a Crux and can't seem to get comfortable on it compared to my Tarmac and have considered going custom to get a long/low fit with big tires.

Yes I see no reason to have a different fit on a gravel bike. The contact points are the same as my F8 but the bike is quite a bit longer.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 142
LionelB wrote:
morganb wrote:
How is what is effectively pure road fit off road? I have a Crux and can't seem to get comfortable on it compared to my Tarmac and have considered going custom to get a long/low fit with big tires.

Yes I see no reason to have a different fit on a gravel bike. The contact points are the same as my F8 but the bike is quite a bit longer.

Good to know, thank you. Most of the purpose built gravel bikes, save the Exploro and Open seem to be a lot shorter and have an endurance fit, which doesn't play well with my short legs and long torso.


Top
   
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:44 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:43 am
Posts: 637
Location: The 'Dena
Is very niceeee ~


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Seven Evergreen SL Campy Build

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Zurcho

12

2372

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:33 pm

rockenrolla View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a67b, Attermann, RichTheRoadie and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited