FM-008 size 58, BC Flechtwerk - finished, pics page 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

motorapido

by motorapido

Looks good Kidrob,
Worth seeing if you can run the Di2 wire alongside the rear brake cable entry into the frame, then take it down through the head tube and into the down tube from there.
The cable stops look very much like the clip in ones on my Dengfu R02 which i did that routing with, have had no issues and it neatens up the front end.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KOMwannabe

by KOMwannabe

Hi

Super nice bike.

I'm looking at the same frame, as I want to build a super light climbing bike.

How does the frame fell? Is it stiff and does it ride well?

Can you recommend the frame?

Regards

kidrob

by kidrob

Well, I deff need to put more km into it before I can give a well informed and experienced opinion (endless rain in BE and work atm) but its all great so far, I enjoy it a lot!

Thanks for all the comments re the cables, I will look into this the next couple of days :thumbup:

I bought a scale today, she is sitting now at 7.05kg. After cutting the seatpost she be well under 7kg, a different saddle and try #2 with the KMC chain should also save another 100-200g for cheap.

RazorL

by RazorL

Hey Kidrob,

Where are you from? I also live in Belgium and ride a FM029.
We should do a china stealth carbon meet sometime!
Kind regarts
Gert

ReneV

by ReneV

Sorry if I've missed it but what is the finish on the frame?

kidrob

by kidrob

ReneV wrote:Sorry if I've missed it but what is the finish on the frame?
Hongfu calls it "UD matte", it is the default color.

Painting it in orange (this is the color I was looking into before deciding not to) would have cost $68 back then.
Last edited by kidrob on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

tyty

by tyty

Any Luck yet re-routing the di2 wire with the brake cable? My fm-008 is on its way. Plan on using the bar end junction A, and would to keep the cables super clean.

Thanks for sharing, been enjoying following your progress!

ReneV

by ReneV

kidrob wrote:
ReneV wrote:Sorry if I've missed it but what is the finish on the frame?

Hongfu calls it "UD matte", it is the default color.

Pointing it in orange (this is the color I was looking into before deciding not to) would have cost $68 back then.

Thanks!

kidrob

by kidrob

Installed a golden KCNC Adjustable Garmin Mount today and took the opportunity to re-do the front cable. Really need that golden KMC chain now.

Couldnt be arsed to de-mount the front to wire down through the head tube. To wire that way I think I would have to re-do the whole cabling which would mean to uninstall the BB and all, too... :? Maybe in some future...

I am at 7.05kg now.

Image Image

tyty

by tyty

kidrob wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:15 pm
Installed a golden KCNC Adjustable Garmin Mount today and took the opportunity to re-do the front cable. Really need that golden KMC chain now.

Couldnt be arsed to de-mount the front to wire down through the head tube. To wire that way I think I would have to re-do the whole cabling which would mean to uninstall the BB and all, too... :? Maybe in some future...

I am at 7.05kg now.
Looks great- I’m installing the bar end junction on mine, ended up having to order the 1400mm E-TUBE wire to run from the junction b below all the way to the left shifter. I agree, would be a lot extra to reroute, but it’s defintely possible. I just have to figure out a way to secure the cable so that it doesn’t run on the fork.

Frazmataz

by Frazmataz

Hi, great looking bike.

I put one together spring 17 and love it.

How are you getting on with the wheel/tyre clearance on the chain stays? I tried 25mm's on 21mm shimano rims and they rubbed. Slipped a set of 25's in on 25mm rims and they were v tight on clearance. My frame is a 56.

kidrob

by kidrob

Frazmataz wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:55 pm
Hi, great looking bike.

I put one together spring 17 and love it.

How are you getting on with the wheel/tyre clearance on the chain stays? I tried 25mm's on 21mm shimano rims and they rubbed. Slipped a set of 25's in on 25mm rims and they were v tight on clearance. My frame is a 56.
It's close but no problem at all:

Got some pics of yours? :)

Frazmataz

by Frazmataz

Thanks, I've only got the training wheels in at the mo. The 25's were a friend's. The reason I asked is I'm getting a set of carbon deep section race wheels: I've opted to go with 23's, a set of far sports tubeless clinchers. I think at the end of summer I'll build a FM088 up for winter, with hydro disks.

vian15

by vian15

Hello, I am interested in the frame FM-008 (Seraph). I'm just undecided with the frame size. I am 1,80m tall. I have a stride of 85cm. I would actually take 56. You have size 56, maybe you can give me a hint. Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kidrob

by kidrob

vian15 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pm
Hello, I am interested in the frame FM-008 (Seraph). I'm just undecided with the frame size. I am 1,80m tall. I have a stride of 85cm. I would actually take 56. You have size 56, maybe you can give me a hint. Thank you.
Hi, urm, I have 58 with 186cm body height. So yeah, 56 sounds about right ;)