Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:34 am 

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm really enjoying the ride and really am amazed every time I look at the paint in the sun. The bike really is very comfortable, and fast!

@crankaddictsrich - yes, I'll be at Silvermine. I'm one of the organizers of the race and am thrilled that the weather is going to be perfect for racing. I'll have the bike with me and might go for a ride with some of the guys after the race.

@liam7020 - I really did love the SL5 Sagan frame too. But when I saw this paint job, I was floored by it and knew that it would replace the old one.

@moyboy - ha! I'm glad the photos convinced the wife! You're not going to be disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am 

Just curious, why a rear eeBrake and not another front? Or just using 2 rears?

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 am 

Wow, amazing build up! The frame is just stunning by itself, the other components just make the whole thing solid af! *drool*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 pm 

HaroldC wrote:

@crankaddictsrich - yes, I'll be at Silvermine. I'm one of the organizers of the race and am thrilled that the weather is going to be perfect for racing. I'll have the bike with me and might go for a ride with some of the guys after the race.

Awesome... I'll look for you. I'm good friends with Dave P, Michael Go and Sarah M, who all race for Westwood.. so i'll be with them. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:09 pm 

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
To the OP... awesome bike. I saw the photos on Westwood's instagram and immediately knew it was yours and I'd see a post here soon. Are you racing in/coming to the Silvermine TT Westwood race? I'll be there, hoping to see thins thing in person. The Sagan Superstar color way looks great on the Roubaix and Allez Sprint frames I've seen. I'm sure this is just as good in person, but really hoping to see a new Tarmac.

H2o wrote:
the sl5 was my last one.

This frame, seriously compared to the canyon or the trek bikes ... sad just sad

btw that fork , wtf ? is that a final product ?

I don't understand this post...

He means it's a heavy fork...and it is. Maybe due to the reinforcements needed for the direct mount brakes?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:11 pm 

He means it's a heavy fork...and it is. Maybe due to the reinforcements needed for the direct mount brakes?[/quote]

It is? you realize the fork is uncut in that photo right? When I re-did my Allez, the standard fact 10R carbon fork was 391g, cut... when I rebuilt the bike in S-Works format, the S-Works 11R carbon fork as 333g, uncut and was 300g once cut. Given that the OP has this thing basically slammed, I'd bet that the fork is under 300g cut. Is it super light? no, but its by no means heavy.

2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:12 pm 

@dudemanppl - I didn't look into the actual setup and ordered one front and one rear. I didn't know that "rear" is supposed to be for an under BB mount and the "front" is also used for traditional seatstay mount. I only realized my mistake when I saw the built up UL, which arrived a day before my frame. Other than the cable touching the frame, I put a piece of vinyl to protect the paint, there are no issues with running the "rear". I actually prefer the spring tension on the "rear" compared to the "front". I should have ordered two "rears".

@cankaddictsrich - I'll see you at the race!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:36 pm 

Man.. Seeing this paint is making me think.. I've been comparing this Tarmac with your older one, Sagan WC, few times, because I'm in the process of building Sagan WC Venge ViAS (I got the frame at the very beginning of the year) and the Sagan Superstar Venge frameset appeared a month or two ago..

I don't really think one looks better than the other, but I wonder how my bike would end up looking if I got the new frameset instead of the old one.. Guess I shouldn't be looking that much at the build threads!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:10 am 

HaroldC wrote:
I didn't look into the actual setup and ordered one front and one rear. I didn't know that "rear" is supposed to be for an under BB mount and the "front" is also used for traditional seatstay mount. I only realized my mistake when I saw the built up UL, which arrived a day before my frame. Other than the cable touching the frame, I put a piece of vinyl to protect the paint, there are no issues with running the "rear". I actually prefer the spring tension on the "rear" compared to the "front". I should have ordered two "rears".

Haha, yeah easily overlooked. I'm waiting for another rear ee to come in so I have two rears for my Emonda build.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:39 am 

Really, really nice build!!! Makes me want to upgrade my SL5 S-Works.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:04 pm 

I was on the fence about buying this, but after seeing the photos I've decided to purchase one once it becomes available.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 pm 

Ghost234 wrote:
I was on the fence about buying this, but after seeing the photos I've decided to purchase one once it becomes available.

Better order now dealers are getting them in soon. Many already spoken for.