My New Build - Cannondale Supersix Evo High Mod 2017

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

syvid

by syvid

After a couple of weeks of stuggles my new cannon is finally up and ready!

Still a few things to fix:

The hanger provided with the frame wasn't the Di2 version. So had to workaround it. Surprisingly cannondale does not provide the 2 versions when buying the frameset alone. So waiting for them to send me the correct one.

The front mech cable routing bung that is provided (the standard Di2 one) doesn’t fit the hole snugly enough for my liking. Not sure if there is a specific one for this purpose that Cannondale can supply. Will need to get in touch with them again.

The PRO Vibe Stem has a very cool slick cap but unfortunately it does not seem compatible with the supersix headset cap.

Specs:

- Headset: Stock Cannondale Supersix Headset
- Stem: PRO Vibe
- Handlebar: PRO Vibe
- Levers: Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Bottom Bracket: C-Bear PF30A Cannondale Super Six EVO Slice - Rotor 30mm
- Crank: THM Clavicula SE
- Chainring: Praxis - Standard 130BCD - 53/39
- Chainring bolt: THM
- Front & Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Brakes: EE Brakes
- Cables: Shimano Road Brake Cable Set with PTFE Inner Cable
- Pads: Swisstop Yellow For Mavic carbon wheels
- Wheelset: Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon SL
- Tyres: VITTORIA CORSA G+ ISOTECH FOLDABLE 25622/700X25C
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11-28
- Chain: KMC X11-SL DLC 11 Speed Chain - Black
- Seatpost: Cannondale C2 Di2 Seatpost
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR
- Bar Tape: Lizard Skins DSP

syvid

by syvid

First test ride, not convinced by the braking power!!
Those wheels have amazing reviews and when it comes to breaking it's highly rated but I wasn't impressed myself...not too sure if it's the EE calipers, the pads (I have black prince instead of the yellow) or if it needs a few miles to start sticking or it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Great looking bike. I've got the same wheels on my Evo, the braking with dura ace 9100 calipers and mavic pads is great. Easily as good as the Fulcrum Racing Zero Nites they replaced. My only complaint with the Mavics is with decals, wish they would've gone with black instead of grey.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Great!!

But, what about that hanger? 2 different versions??

syvid

by syvid

Ltoddokc wrote:Great looking bike. I've got the same wheels on my Evo, the braking with dura ace 9100 calipers and mavic pads is great. Easily as good as the Fulcrum Racing Zero Nites they replaced. My only complaint with the Mavics is with decals, wish they would've gone with black instead of grey.

Oh good to know, I think the EE brakes are not as powerful as the Dura Ace. I have them but for weight reasons I decided to try the EEs...The front works and grip well enough but for some reason the rear does not grip. Might need adjustments..hopefully! they are a little bit tricky to setup those EEs.

syvid

by syvid

Daniel1975 wrote:Great!!

yeah...depending on if you are mechanical or electronic the hanger is different for cable routing...But they only give you the mechanical one when you buy a frameset! Not very logical but contacted them and they are sending me one for free. In the meantime on their mechanical advice, we did a small hole in the hanger to allow the Di2 cabel to go through...

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Stange that you didn't get both hangers. Mine came with both, a bottom bracket, and all the cable guides.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Ah good, you got the THMs to work
:thumbup:

rmr40

by rmr40

syvid wrote:
Daniel1975 wrote:Great!!

yeah...depending on if you are mechanical or electronic the hanger is different for cable routing...But they only give you the mechanical one when you buy a frameset! Not very logical but contacted them and they are sending me one for free. In the meantime on their mechanical advice, we did a small hole in the hanger to allow the Di2 cabel to go through...

I've just bought the very same frame in the UK - it only came with the mechanical hanger which looks shit with etap.. Looks like the frame's got a mini exhaust pipe!
I'll be contacting the distro..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slashy

by slashy

beautiful in this color. this is a 54 , right ?

hoopes

by hoopes

size of the frame ? ty

willmac

by willmac

EE brakes are plenty powerful. They have more cable pull than shimano though and looking at your photo it looks like the housing run at the back is too short. Try a longer cable and it should fix your issues

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

How did you get the BB to fit? I can't see how it does on the C-Bear charts with Clavicula and BB30a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com