Her new blue dress (C60 PLLB)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

:thumbup:

The Ventoux are beautiful to look at but I think i wouldn't ride them much due to paranoia. I think the Boras look killer on there and I've still got to throw on the 46s.

For the WW wheels, I'm on the fence abouy rebuilding the 32s onto some lighter hubs (though they're already lighter than Ventoux). I've looked at a couple newer options but rhe wider rims mean system weight will end up higher.

Then there's the temptation to grab another set of CCUs. Thanks to RyanH for planting that seed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Wow ...
Just ride ..

Seedster

by Seedster

That's a beautifully built bike. The blue color really pops and the Campy parts are right at home.

muffinman

by muffinman

Nice

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Thanks, folks. Last weekend on a ride something happened with the Campy and it is now noticeably easier to shift the rear. Its made my rides lately even more enjoyable as there's just a silkiness and sense of controk with the shifting. 9100 may still edge the SR in performance, but theres certainly something to be said for the "soul" of Italian mechanisms.

Today was all chores and no riding. While I was at it, I threw on different wheels I've got around.

I'm surprised the 58s look as good as they do. Still on the fence about whether to offload the 58 or 46.

For sure, if I keep the 46, I need to replace the Roubaix with some Arenbergs.

Forgive the temporary monster stem. Just trying to find the right angle.

I also swapped out chainrings from Praxis to Force for a savings of 31g. Also yanked the Corsas off the 32s so thay I can glue up the Extremes to them - only to realize I'm out of glue. So it will have to wait a few days.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Sweet Jesus. What a good looking bike!

dak

by dak

Amazing. The only Colnago I've ever really longed for.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Just noticed. The color of the Reynolds cryo pads exactly match the lugs. Well done.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Good eye. That little bit definitely doesn't suck :)

The Campy red pads also match the little red bits on the bike - but I think the blue tie-in is cooler.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Butter my butt and call me a biscuit, holy cow thats a nice build..very well done! How does the matte finish hold up against the elements?

I'm using the Reynolds blue right now, looked at the cryo's but the cost uptick was way too much to stomach..
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I've got less than 90 miles on it so far - so much too soon to speak on durability.

As for the pads, the extra surface area justifies the cost IME. They have tons of power (coincidence?) And also wear pretty well. One exception being an earlier set of 58 clinchers that really just ate through pads.

RyanH

by RyanH

With my RZRs, I had about 6k miles with a single set of Power Pads and they are not at half life yet. The extra stopping power is definitely worth the premium, IMO.

KarlC

by KarlC

RyanH wrote:With my RZRs, I had about 6k miles with a single set of Power Pads and they are not at half life yet. The extra stopping power is definitely worth the premium, IMO.

+100 .... Best pads Ive used !
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Mtek

by Mtek

Once you fine tune your stem fit and equip a matte finished one, with the 58s it will be the best looking bike on the forum imo.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Thank you! I've got a matte stem on the way :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com