Colnago C60 PLBK-Special

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

48s. Factory custom paint. Shimano 9150. Fulcrum Speed 40c. 3T ARX II Stealth. 3T Ernova Team Stealth. Pioneer Power Meter. Specialized Romain Evo Saddle.

ImageC60 1 by ipenguinking, on Flickr

ImageC60 2 by ipenguinking, on Flickr

ImageC60 3 by ipenguinking, on Flickr
Last edited by ipenguinking on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MJB

by MJB

This appeals to me greatly. I see only 'Colnago' logos on the bottom tube and inside fork legs. The factory agreed to this - more power to Colnago, I much prefer less logos. Glossy black finish with glossy clear coat carbon weave tubes- V. nice!

The pale gumwall Vittoria graphene tyres look great if you can keep them clean like new. Pitty the graphene tubular versions are not as pale in the sidewall otherwise I'd be all over them..........

10/10 for my tastes.

KB

by KB

Very nice and understated for Colnago. I like.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

I'm not really a fan of sloping TT Colnagos but for some reason that works; nice job!

micro553

by micro553

Did you get this color from Collage factory or did you let someone paint it efter you got it?

How much extra for the custom paint?

Supernice bike!

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Lovely. How long from order to delivery? I'd be interested to know how much a custom paint order adds to the lead time.

MJB wrote:The pale gumwall Vittoria graphene tyres look great if you can keep them clean like new. Pity the graphene tubular versions are not as pale in the sidewall otherwise I'd be all over them..........

That's interesting. I have both tubular and clincher versions and the sidewalls are the same.

MJB

by MJB

Mockenrue wrote:
MJB wrote:The pale gumwall Vittoria graphene tyres look great if you can keep them clean like new. Pity the graphene tubular versions are not as pale in the sidewall otherwise I'd be all over them..........

That's interesting. I have both tubular and clincher versions and the sidewalls are the same.

Well that is good news! I live in rural Australia and see very few local riders let alone both versions of the Vittoria Graphene tyres so I just look online and in the images I see the tubular version seems to have a more tan hue to the sidewall which does not please like the pale sidewalls as seen on ipenguinking's bike.

Traditioanl geo. is perennialy lovely but Colnago do make the sweetest sloping frames!

dak

by dak

Very nice! congrats
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, I like the subtlety of it as well. But what does "Factory Customer Paint" mean? Did Colnago paint this for you, or did you have some other shop do it? If Colnago did it, how did you get them to do that... there's always a story there.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

My bike has a matte black paint finish and it shows every rub, brush, breath and scratch. I sadly expect it'll "age" rapidly and look beat-up sooner than later.

I suspect this black clear gloss is a much, much better answer. Well done!

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

The custom paint job is done by Colnago in Italy. The process was quite straight forward thanks to my LBS who is one of the biggest Colnago dealers in the US. The shop has done many custom C59 and C60 during the last several years. My LBS sent Colnago my requests and they came back with yes or no. While Colnago has no clear rules about what are doable and what aren't, my LBS told me the basic rule is the bike needs to look like a Colnago. Colnago granted me all my wishes - glossy, white Colnago logos, no C60 logos, and rainbow stripes badge on the HT. But they refused to remove the Ernesto's signature. I waited exactly 16 weeks before the bike arrived and my LBS charged me $500 for the custom paint job.

Here is the final drawing from Colnago and I think many of you would find it interesting.

ImageUntitled by ipenguinking, on Flickr
Last edited by ipenguinking on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

That's indeed interesting, my only question is why would someone voluntarily pass on Ernesto's signature? [emoji1]I absolutely love that detail on my Colnagos.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

corky

by corky

Thanks for posting ......really interesting to know the process you went through.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I like the "basic rule"... It has to look like a Colnago.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stockae92

by stockae92

Nice, that looks like a million bucks :)