New here, a bit about me, pic of my Kona

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mtek

by Mtek

Hello WW forum. I have been loitering here lately after I stumbled upon the forum searching for info building a gravel bike. I really, really like this forum...got to appreciate people who weigh stripped-off paint amongst other things :D . So many fine bicycles and enthusiasts, I hope to fit in here. My fav threads so far is of the ti bicycles, the Wilier thread as well. There are so many nice bicycles here I cant believe it.

I will be doing a gravel build this fall, high end with non-boutique components, but wanted to do a proper intro.

Anyway, here is my current XC bike. I just put on the new drivetain from a 1x XT. Please take it easy on the gold bits as I like them (bike is too plain without lol).

EDIT: bike is Large and weighs 21.2 lbs/ 9.61 kg

Frame - Kona Raijin
Fork - TR29 Lauf
Headset - Chris King inset 7
Seatpost - Lynskey 25mm layback
Seat - Morgaw Trian
Stem - Enve mountain
Bar - Enve RSR
bottle cages and hardware - King ti (not in pic)
Brakes - Level Ultimate Guides w/Ashima 180 and 160
Rear derailleur - XX1
Crankset - RF Next SL
Bottom Bracket - RF
Chainrings - RF
Chain - XX1
Shifters - XX1
Cassette - XX1
Wheels - Reynolds trail carbon
hubs - DT350
Spokes - Sapim Lazer
Tires - Onza Canis 29x2.25
Pedals - Egg beater 11

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Welcome. That bike is sick! Nice work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Very nice! I have older Next SL cinch cranks on my hardtail and LOVE them. So unbelievably light and tough. Wish they made road cranks.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Welcome to the forum. Bike looks great!

tonytourist

by tonytourist

wheelbuilder wrote:Very nice! I have older Next SL cinch cranks on my hardtail and LOVE them. So unbelievably light and tough. Wish they made road cranks.

Easton road crank = Race Face basically

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

That is a great looking bike!
Please shed some more light on the seat. I've never heard of the brand. One thing to note, I think it would look better with a matching enve seat post in stead of the ti one.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mtek

by Mtek

Thanks all, good to be here.

Frankie - B wrote:That is a great looking bike!
Please shed some more light on the seat. I've never heard of the brand. One thing to note, I think it would look better with a matching enve seat post in stead of the ti one.

Frankie, ironically I just removed an Enve post the other day...I am just trying the Lynskey Ti post out with this saddle.

As for the saddle, I have only had it a few days. Its kind of like a Moots YBB system, it has elastomers that carbon rails attach to. The rails can move 4mm in all directions. The elastomers come in three different levels (light, medium, hard), and I am trying out the medium with the carbon oval rails now. The saddle hardware and removable rails are very very nice quality. I am skeptical on the cover lasting, but we shall see. The company is Morgaw, and I am using the Trian model which is more XC focused. They have a road model and an enduro as well. No sizes yet, but there are plans. Personally, I think it is fantastic and very comfortable. I dont know if I would use the road version, but would purchase again for XC. Black, silver, white color ways...I purchased the colored hardware from them as well as diff elastomers. Packaging was pretty good, unique too.

Here are some pics, kinda can see how the rail attach and the overall shape. It reminds me of my SDG Fly shape, my fav seat for comfort, but this may replace it permanently.