2016 Orbea Orca OMR respectable but non-weenie

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bilwit

by bilwit

wheelbuilder wrote:I don't think the weight is nearly that long anymore. They are up to speed I believe, as you can now "My O" every bike they have in the top of the line frame..........Alma, Occam, Rallon, etc.......

cool thanks. I emailed them and they said about 2-months. I was about to pull the trigger on it when they announced that they have a new bike that's going to be announced on Sunday with the Tour.. the sneak peek only shows the front and it looks like an Orca to me but the integrated Vision bar/stem suggests maybe it's an aero-focused frame?

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Yes. It's the Aero Orca, with dropped seat stays, but minimal integration.......it will be available on the 3rd.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

It was ridden on todays stage of the TDF by four or five Cofidis riders if you want to get a look at it...solid red. I am a bit disappointed that Orbea got on to the aero bandwagon. I enjoyed that they stuck with a traditional road bike as their premier model for so long.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

corky

by corky

There is a review of the new orca aero on gcn' tour tech video on utube..... looks tres cool

petal666

by petal666

It'd be interesting to see how an Aero Orca rides. I rode Orcas in 2011-13 and they were great other than not very WW.