Experimenting with bike sizing: Fuji SST 1.3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I tried a 56 track bike and absolutely loved how it handled compared to my 54. I was curious to see if a 56 road frame would be similar. A Fuji SST came up for a good price and has a similar fit to my track bike so decided to give it a go:

My original plan was to strip and rebuild the bike with the SRAM groupset on my Selene, but after racing on Di2 I think the weight penalty is almost justified. I would love to keep the electronic front mech but I think the mechanical rear mech is just as good (maybe I should try 1x)?

I haven't had a chance to weigh it, but it's not going to be light (bars, skewers, tyres, saddle, groupset are all quite heavy) so I think I'll save myself the embarrassment. I'm not sure if I'll keep it since I'm not a fan of the paint/shape of the frame, and the rear brake cable is full length (rattles + extra weight). However it handles super well, especially compared to the smaller frame sizes I'm 'used' to riding. Most smaller frames seem to be either super stable or super twitchy but this bike is effortless to keep straight, but can also nail tight corners. I thought the U-Vox was good in this regard but this bike is a step better (perhaps not a fair comparison since the U-Vox I have is a S and this is a M/L).
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I'll ride where he's riding.

Looks great. I do think it'd look killer with the SRAM components but that's down to personal preference, especially if you're going to be racing on it.