Scott Scale 29er

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PastaDiPipo

by PastaDiPipo

Hi there,

I'm Pasta di Pipo (nickname of course) from the Netherlands.

Just finished the rebuild of my 2012 Scott Scale Pro 29er.
I have used the bike a couple of years now to do some XC and Marathon races.
After a while of racing and training the frame was full of battle scars so I thought that this would be a nice moment to do something on the paint job.

As a lot of people here I removed the paint with a knife and finished the frame with 2K clearcoat and new decals.
I also used the cable entry near the steartube (former entry point front derailleur) as entry point for the rear brake hose and removed the mounting brackets on the underside of the downtube.

In the setup on the pictures the bike weighs around 8.8kg. For now I fitted the Onza Canis tyres because of an upcoming XC race on short therm.
I'm used to ride XC and Marathon races on Continental Race Kings Racesport but I prefer the Onza's because of the looks. Mabey I will fit the Racekings in the future again.
For now I switch between the Onza’s and Continental Speedskings. When I use the Continental Speedkings in front en rear the weight will drop down till 8.4kg.

The Specs:
- Frame: Scott Scale 29er Pro (2012) size M
- Steer: Ritchey WCS Carbon 58cm
- Grips: Ritchey WCS True Grips
- Seatpost: Ritchey WCS Carbon
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR, titanium rails and removed leather and padding
- Stem: Procraft 130mm, -17 degree
- Wheels: Custombuild Ryde MC1 Rims, DT-Swiss 180 ceramic hubs, DT-Swiss Revo Light 1.8mm spokes and aluminium nipples, does around 1235grams, done by a wheel professor here
- Tyres: Onza Canis Skinnwall 29" 2.25 with cutted tread pattern to lose some extra weight and reduce rolling resistance. Even now it has an overkill on grip
- Milk: yes, 40ml per wheel with Stans Notubes
- Fork: SID XX 2013 with SID RLT Lockout, removed return spring, lockout is normally closed, I only use the floodgate
- Headset: Ricthey Superlogic headseat
- Crankset: Stock SRAM GPX Carbon arms
- BB: SRAM Presfitt BB
- Pedals: Shimano XTR M9000
- Chainring: Absolute Black Oval, 34teeth, direct mount
- Chain: SRAM XX1
- Cassette: SRAM XG119 XX1 11x42
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX1
- Rear Shifer: SRAM XX1
- Brakes: Stock Elixir 9RS
- Brakedisc: KCNC Razor 160mm front and rear
- Bottlecage: Trivio aluminum for a nice (adjustable) tight fit

Yes, after looking at these specs you will see that there is still a lot room for extra weight reduction.
My goal tough is to have a lightweight bike which is still capable to withstand a lot of competition abuse.
The SID for instance is for me just a throw-away-fork. After 2 years of use I just by a 2nd hand replacement and reuse some good parts.

Looking forward to your comments!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

nice bike a and a good weight.

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Looks awesome, I really like it! Pretty nice build too. I don't know if it's worth going crazy with the ww stuff on a mtb, having something reliable on a trail beats dropping a few grams, imo. The weight you have there is pretty reasonable.

stoney

by stoney

You have a great looking bike that still capable of racing...awesome!

stoney

by stoney

duplicate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PastaDiPipo

by PastaDiPipo

Thanks for the positive reactions. The bike is for now personally a good balance between being lightweight and useable.
Still there some quick wins like for example Xpedo M-force 8 pedals and switching the crown+steerer from a SID Worldcup fork.