Allez Red Hook

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

moonoi

by moonoi

Very nice, personally I prefer the the S-Works Aerofly bars, but the 3T work and look good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Man... If the bars were set up properly and the saddle was level, this would be pretty alright.

theletterk

by theletterk

dudemanppl wrote:Man... If the bars were set up properly and the saddle was level, this would be pretty alright.

Yeah. I reckon the bar needs to be tilted down a little more and shifters might have to move up a little. Yet to dial it properly as my intended bar tape has not arrived :(
Saddle is quite level with a -1 deg. The road surface prob played some tricks on the angle :D

Will take a few tries to get used to the new aerobar. the reach is quite far as compared to my usual deda bars.

LouisN

by LouisN

What's the "Red Hook" for ? I though this was going to be a fixie edition of the Allez... :noidea:

Louis :)
Last edited by LouisN on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

What did you go for with regards to the BB? I run C-Bear in my Allez with Record cranks and it's never, ever made a sound. Same for my Tarmac actually.

theletterk

by theletterk

LouisN wrote:What's the "Red Hook" for ? I though this was going to be a fixie edition if the Allez... :noidea:

Louis :)

The track edition is not for sale and for the athletes only. They then made 300pcs road version( so that everyone can know more about RHC. ) *i think* :)

theletterk

by theletterk

IamnotWiggins wrote:What did you go for with regards to the BB? I run C-Bear in my Allez with Record cranks and it's never, ever made a sound. Same for my Tarmac actually.

I used the ultra torque BB30 Adapter. It should work nicely and thanks for tell me about c-bear! Another alternative!

chris47

by chris47

That is so hot! did you get the frame from mr. Tay?

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Damn!!!

:)
:beerchug:

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

This is one example where the 4-Arm crank actually looks really good, which imo isn't the case that often. Really nice build! Concerning C-Bear Bottombrackets, I'm currently running them on my C60 and also had them on a Spersix, both equipped with Campagnolo and never had issues with creaking noises or whatever. So I can also recommend them as a trustful solution.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

poursuivant

by poursuivant

One of my favourite builds on the forum!

nismosr

by nismosr

Hot Damn !! .. since you went Italian .. may I suggest Deda Superzero Stem and Bar.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Sweet! I should have mine soon. It shipped a few days ago. Will prob build mine with SRAM Force 22.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

theletterk

by theletterk

nismosr wrote:Hot Damn !! .. since you went Italian .. may I suggest Deda Superzero Stem and Bar.

a little misjudgement on my part....I took over the 3T aeronova from my team mate without checking the reach and I sort of knew it would be too long after I built the bike but still thought it is worth a try.

But I was wrong, the reach is a littttttle too long for me and I have to change it out. will go with the S-works aerofly bar this time to match the stem. this is the first time I am using the s-works stem multistem and I like it as it has different angles to play with by using the shim provided. Gives me the angle I want easily :)

All s-works components seems to be pretty cool too (seat post,stem,fork and now handlebar).

will update here soon.

And if anyone is interested - this bike comes in at a pretty good weight without any WW components! 7.05kg. It would be quite easy to get it down to 6.5. (EE, wheels, bottle cages etc) but my intention was to have a bike like this - simple in components and stiff in action. I know this bike will perform well in short hard rides for this is what it was made for!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@theletterk

Congrats! Great build as usual!
Btw, how many bikes do you have right now??

Cheers