Ooof...I'm going to be in trouble... (Ryan's Miniature Blue Crumpton)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm loving this build from the other side of the pond. Crumpton's are so clean and classy. The sanded crank looks good and has inspired me to sand my campag overtorque. I wouldn't change the headset as Chris kinf are fit and forget. If you are riding it everyday you dont want to be adjusting the headset every other day.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

I'll have to call CK tomorrow to see if they'll send me a replacement o-ring without gouging me. Turns out my Chris King compression cap is missing the oring and isn't seating correctly without it. I pulled my GripLock off the Litespeed T3 for the weekend. Interestingly, on the Litespeed I took the inner assembly and am running it like that without the cap itself. That saved a handful of grams and dropped stack height by 5mm. I think I may just run it like that anyway on the Litespeed since the stack is a bit higher.

AJS914

by AJS914

There's a few little touches to the bars that I really like. For one, their method of doing internal routing is more or less a faring. Zero chance of creating unwanted cable bends unlike the 3T/Enve's approach:

That's really cool. Installing my 3T bars drove me crazy and I still think the cable bends make for less than perfect shifting.

Are those pro vibe bars the current model? The ones on their web site seem to have a routing hole.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

I think it is nice frame but with a littele narrower seat stays it would look even better. Good job with the build however.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

On the first pic frame on scale,on right triangle,is this a dirt,or scratched paint by the chain??

RyanH

by RyanH

There was a bunch of grease on the frame, that area included. I cleaned it off and applied 3M guard on it.

RyanH

by RyanH

@AJS914
I'm not sure, I keep buying them from Competitive Cyclist since they are like $130 on blowout.

I got my black Ti bowties in from China (J&L) and they are to spec, which is a relief. Nice Darth Vader look with all black bowties/ti screws/spindles. Everything installed easily and the screws were exactly the right length.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

BTW everyone buy stuff from Competitive Cyclist. They are the best. I am definitely not affiliated with them.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

dudemanppl wrote:BTW everyone buy stuff from Competitive Cyclist. They are the best. I am definitely not affiliated with them.

Used to be when they were not charging sales tax shipping to CA. No one in their department can answer me why are they charging sales tax for shipping to CA now, especially since they don't have have an actual location here (CA) :cry:

fa63

by fa63

asiantrick wrote:Used to be when they were not charging sales tax shipping to CA. No one in their department can answer me why are they charging sales tax for shipping to CA now, especially since they don't have have an actual location here (CA) :cry:

This may be why:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ ... s-tax.html

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Blame Amazon, we didn't do it. I mean... they...

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Sneaky discounts for ww menbers? ;)
Using Tapatalk

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Tommy doesn't believe in discounting anything :twinkle:

RyanH

by RyanH

New goodies arrived today. Getting close to the finishing touches.

Swapped saddles with imaking20:

That necessitates some new bar tape. I have Deda on order but who knows when it's coming so this'll have to do for now:

Oof, 40g tape job:

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

That blue looks so good. Nice work on the build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com