Ooof...I'm going to be in trouble... (Ryan's Miniature Blue Crumpton)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

My R Sys SLR clinchers are probably the most comfortable clincher wheels I've ridden. Which Tubs are you piutting on that set?
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

It's getting my go to tire these days: Veloflex Roubaix.

I rode around the car park and these have a lot of bite compared to the Boras. I'll be curious to see how they are under hard braking but since I just glued the tires, I didn't want to test that out yet.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

:thumbup:

One day they'll put a like button on here...

RyanH

by RyanH

Mavic CCUs came yesterday and with the limited edition, $500 Hutchinson Pro Tour Tubulars:

KarlC

by KarlC

Looking good !

Now we need a new wheel ride report on both new sets !
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

fa63

by fa63

I like the look with the CCUs.

So is this off the market for now?

RyanH

by RyanH

Yeah, other than having to clean it after every ride, I'm growing rather fond of it. A small change in reach made a big difference in its descending mannerism which was my primary contention with it. Part of that problem was caused by the short reach on the SRAM eTap shifters, which resulted in about 15mm more reach in the drop than my Campy equipped Litespeed. Reach on the hoods with DA is about the same as Campy so it's all good now.

glepore

by glepore

Ridiculous deal on the CCU's. That's quite the bling bike now.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

RyanH

by RyanH

I paid roughly market price on the CCUs. I did get a smoking deal on the Ksyriums though.

Initial impressions of the Ksyrium SL after about 200k this weekend is that they're probably my new favorite long day wheel. They seem to be slightly more comfortable than the Bora 35s (both on Roubaix 25mm tires) but less laterally stiff. I'd put them between Enve 25 and the Bora in that respect. Braking is superb. Braking is immediate and with heaps of power. It's very smooth through the entire power range so there's no shuddering or pulse.

My only gripe with them is how loud the freehub is. That and I wish they were 100g lighter because 1200g for this depth is mildly obese.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

CCU's FTW!

KarlC

by KarlC

Most of what I have read on the Mavic CCUs say they are great wheels but the ride is stiff / harsh, so Im looking forward to your ride report.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Interesting. I thought they were quite comfortable.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I just realized Mavic updated the CCU wheels to 25mm width!
Mavic made the wheels 25mm wide but added weight to them as well (1180g to 1250g).
The most noticeable thing I noticed about U shaped Wide rims versus 22mm V shaped rims, is in cross winds....
I used to get blown sideways coming down long windy descents on the V shaped rims. That no longer happens on the same roads with U shaped wide 25-27mm wide rims.

ryanh aka king of the wheels! I have (2) sets of Schmolke wheels and I just talked myself into buying a set of Enve 2.2 wheels laced to Carbon Ti hubs...
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

Imaking20

by Imaking20

You probably need to get rid of some Schmolkes now :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

RyanH wrote:Yeah, other than having to clean it after every ride, I'm growing rather fond of it. A small change in reach made a big difference in its descending mannerism which was my primary contention with it. Part of that problem was caused by the short reach on the SRAM eTap shifters, which resulted in about 15mm more reach in the drop than my Campy equipped Litespeed. Reach on the hoods with DA is about the same as Campy so it's all good now.

You switched back to -17° stem? (but in 120 instead of 130 I presume...) Intresting thing about the shorter stem vs better handling. I'm tempted to go the other way on the Canyon, and see if the light instability in (even slight) crosswinds is still there or not with the longer stem. And 130mm instead of 120mm would also compensate for the 1cm less reach of the frame compared to the Addict.