Ooof...I'm going to be in trouble... (Ryan's Miniature Blue Crumpton)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

asiantrick

by asiantrick

dj97223 wrote:Beautiful bike, but I thought I saw it for sale on another site? :noidea:

That doesn't mean he can't mod it. :thumbup:

RyanH

by RyanH

It's interesting what effect a small change in reach can have on the handling of a bike. I've been riding the Crumpton around since Thursday, so a little under 250 miles, with the new Di2 group. Since the reach to the levers is a good bit longer than SRAM eTap, I opted to go with a 120mm Thomson X4 -10 stem instead of the -17 X2 I previously had. My reach to the hoods is roughly the same as before but my reach in the drops is now around 13mm less. The bike feels a lot better on the descents. Whereas before it felt like it lacked agility and nimbleness, it now feels a lot more responsive. I took it down the same descents that I did with Tonytourist a couple weeks back (Rock Store and Fernwood in the Santa Monica Mountains) and had a blast. The 9100 brakes were also impressive. A bit of a weight penalty (or a huge weight penalty) but on steep technical descents like Fernwood, I feel like they make a big difference. I also managed to shave off 18s on a 5 minute descent over the last time we did it.

As far as 9150 itself, I'm really pleased with it. I like the feel of the shifters better than eTap as well as the levers. Being able to manipulate the RD with one hand is nice especially when eating or riding on the tops. Front shifting is also a lot better. My only gripe is that the RD placement interferes with removing the wheel. I'm kinda scratching my head on that one. I was barely able to get my Enve with 27mm tires.

Here's the current build list:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

9100 brakes are definitely an improvement on the 9000 ones, anyone compared them to the EE direct mount yet?
The 9150 looks shit hot on this build too.
Using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

I hated my ee DM brakes on the Foil. Part of that could have been the crap cable routing of the Enve SES bars but I think the rear always felt spongy even with the other bars.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

:( thats disappointing given you're a fair chunk lighter than me from memory too, I can't imagine anything having the feel of the 9100s.

"Eebrakes also worked well with Dura Ace levers. The brake action was a little lighter (because of the lower spring tension described above) while the modulation was equivalent to Dura Ace calipers. There was, however, a small difference in power, with eebrakes approaching that of Dura Ace, but not quite achieving it."

This was in relation to 9000 series callipers too.
Using Tapatalk

KarlC

by KarlC

What are YOU doing on 27mm tires how did this happen ?
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Denavelo

by Denavelo

So...... You're keeping the Crumpton? haha
Once I went to a shorter reach handlebar (New Ultimate Evo), my Speedvagen transformed!
I have an extra set for my future builds. Going from a Zipp SLTB bar to the New Ultimate changed the entire dynamic of my bike and handling.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

RyanH

by RyanH

KarlC wrote:What are YOU doing on 27mm tires how did this happen ?

Haha, that wheelset is for the Litespeed. I wanted a wheelset that I could beat the piss out of with little regard to. A secondhand set of Enve 3.4 fit the bill so with that in mind, wide tires made sense too so I could do fireroads and such. Since I often end up on roads like the below during my weekday rides, the extra width has been welcomed. On regular roads I still prefer 25mm Roubaix (even chipseal) but for true crap like the below, the Vlaanderen earn their keep. They do feel a bit squish squish though when doing out of the saddle efforts, which I'm not a huge fan of, but horses for courses.

glepore

by glepore

Glad I didn't grab it-ride it a bit and report back.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

WinterRider

by WinterRider

This pic a worst section of your road/s? Is the latter you carry to climb otta the holes carbon?

Image[/quote]
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

RyanH

by RyanH

@winterrider that's about average for that road. There's a few sand pits littered about it too.

Rheosibal lent me the 4.5s I previously sold to him:

KarlC

by KarlC

RyanH wrote: Rheosibal lent me the 4.5s I previously sold to him:

And do you have a ride report ?

I just got a set of Mavic CXR 80 tubulars I'm trying out on my BMC TMR01
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

It was raining sporadically today so I didn't get to push the wheels (and I'm still zapped from my weekend). The only thing I can report on is that they are significantly more comfortable than when I had the Corsa's on them. Also, that fast sensation these wheels gave? I think that was the Corsas too.

Also, need a ride report on the CXRs ASAP, There's a pair of CXR60s on ebay that I was considering picking up.

KarlC

by KarlC

RyanH wrote: Also, need a ride report on the CXRs ASAP, There's a pair of CXR60s on ebay that I was considering picking up.

I will send you a PM
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

Mavic is the flavor of the month. Got these in today but I'm more excited about what's coming next week.