Stinner SLS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Rob English raced a bike that was lighter... but still, this weight is pretty amazing. Light enough to doubt it's real! (Not saying I don't believe the OP)
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

by Weenie

titaniumdan

by titaniumdan

Imaking20 wrote:Rob English raced a bike that was lighter... but still, this weight is pretty amazing. Light enough to doubt it's real! (Not saying I don't believe the OP)

Got a link? I'd love to see this bike.
Road: Pegoretti MxxxxxO Ciavete
Track: Look 464 ALP
Rally: Spooky Dune 1x
Instagram: @titanium_dan

davidw

by davidw

Rob's bike is the lightest steel I've seen at 9.9lbs when he had it full weenied out but I also have some height and about 25lbs on Rob, so his bikes a bit smaller and compact than mine.

Forget exactly what all the tubing is on the bike but I know for sure that a fair amount of S3 was used and I believe it was Spirit mixed in.

Full pics so come. I gotta clean her first, she's filthy from riding.Image

davidw

by davidw

It was pretty tight at the top today.Image

Imaking20

by Imaking20

How was the braking on the FSEs on the way down?
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

KWalker

by KWalker

How does it ride? I am wondering why you would go with steel over other materials if weight was the focus or if it was mainly material then weight given the material/
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

davidw

by davidw

@Imaking20 no better or worse than other rims on the market. I'd consider myself a pretty confident descender so I'm not one to ride the brakes but they stop when I want them to. Also to note, I'm using the Bontrager cork pads with them.

@KWalker I've always been in love with steel frames. I've ridden other materials and just don't find them as nice as steel. So being a Weenie, the thought of a light bike in steel was/is attractive, especially given there's not too many of them out there or much of a market for them. Long story short, Aaron was down, I was down, and now I have an 11(and some change) pound steel bike.

As to how it rides.. not to be a smart ass but it rides how a steel bike should just lighter haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That's perfect, descending is probably the only thing I'm good at on the bike so brake-dragger feedback isn't super helpful. Why cork though?
Last edited by Imaking20 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current:
T2

Retired:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Disregard post. The internets have been fixed.
Current:
T2

Retired:

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I love steel weight weenies! Well done!
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

jinbok2
in the industry

by jinbok2

I've always wondered about that pedals..

KarlC

by KarlC

titaniumdan wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:Rob English raced a bike that was lighter... but still, this weight is pretty amazing. Light enough to doubt it's real! (Not saying I don't believe the OP)

Got a link? I'd love to see this bike.

http://www.englishcycles.com/custombike ... d-bike-v3/