Cervelo S2 DA Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CodeineCowboy

by CodeineCowboy

Damn that looks clean.... did you run the Di2 wires with the rear brake cable? Any tips for running the Di2 wires on a S2 frame? Looking to build a S2 with the new 9150 group. I assume the battery fits in the seat tube? Nice work

Kumppa

by Kumppa

That cockpit... Superb.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Correct - The cable has been run with the rear brake cable (with another cable connecting the levers, and another from a shifter to the bar end plug). The main issue is battery location - i have dropped it in the seat tube with a withdrawal strap attached to it so I can pull it out (slightly nervous about dropping stuff into a frame!!£.. I did buy the di2 adaptor for the s5 but was too much hassle to make It worth the effort. I will take a look at the new 2017 seatpost at some point to see if it is easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Beancouter wrote:Correct - The cable has been run with the rear brake cable (with another cable connecting the levers, and another from a shifter to the bar end plug). The main issue is battery location - i have dropped it in the seat tube with a withdrawal strap attached to it so I can pull it out (slightly nervous about dropping stuff into a frame!!£.. I did buy the di2 adaptor for the s5 but was too much hassle to make It worth the effort. I will take a look at the new 2017 seatpost at some point to see if it is easier.

Did you have to drill a hole to feed the di2 cable in near the rear brake cable? I had the same thing done in my s5. Small hole a small price to pay for a much tidier setup. No idea why cervelo does route this way and provide the hold themselves.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

No managed to slip it behind the plastic cable stop

mr.wulf

by mr.wulf

I love that build!

Are you running 25mm Conti GP 4000II on your wheelset? Does the S2 frame and fork have enough clearance to run them?
By chance do you know the inner widht of your rims?

Thanks a lot!

dmulligan

by dmulligan

Beancouter wrote:No managed to slip it behind the plastic cable stop

Sorry for the necropost. Would you mind taking a closeup picture of how you did this please. I'm hoping you have the same cable stops as my R3 and I would like to do this.
Thanks!
David

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk