Custom Painted Cervelo S3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TonyM

by TonyM

Looks fantastic!! [emoji106]

Shrike

by Shrike

@godwinreid just spotted the video of your frame on their Instagram, looks even better than the pics!

Sent Ali an email now asking about something I've had on my mind for a bit. An S5 painted to look like the camouflage R5 vinyl wrap:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-cer ... r-gallery/

If he quotes £500 for that then I'm sold :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godwinreid

by godwinreid

Shrike wrote:@godwinreid just spotted the video of your frame on their Instagram, looks even better than the pics!

Sent Ali an email now asking about something I've had on my mind for a bit. An S5 painted to look like the camouflage R5 vinyl wrap:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-cer ... r-gallery/

If he quotes £500 for that then I'm sold :lol:

cool....fingers crossed. That will look pretty awesome

Shrike

by Shrike

The dream is dead :(

alistair mclean
09:47 (2 hours ago)

to me

Sorry pics just opened. Thats pretty tricky. £1200 ish

I can't justify this sort of cash for custom paintwork unfortunately. Maybe will poke around some other places after the summer and see but I've a feeling they'll all say the same thing.

dmulligan

by dmulligan

I have a black 2015 R3 with blue and logos where the OP has hidden disco. The hidden blue looks nice but not half as nice as the hidden disco of course. The details in the hidden disco areas makes me want to know how do they do it? Is it hand painted? A stencil and air brush? Something else?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

godwinreid

by godwinreid

Shrike wrote:The dream is dead :(

alistair mclean
09:47 (2 hours ago)

to me

Sorry pics just opened. Thats pretty tricky. £1200 ish

I can't justify this sort of cash for custom paintwork unfortunately. Maybe will poke around some other places after the summer and see but I've a feeling they'll all say the same thing.

bugger :(

dmulligan wrote:I have a black 2015 R3 with blue and logos where the OP has hidden disco. The hidden blue looks nice but not half as nice as the hidden disco of course. The details in the hidden disco areas makes me want to know how do they do it? Is it hand painted? A stencil and air brush? Something else?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

i remember getting a work in progress pic that was 80% finished article...i guess its a mixture of stencil and very clever layering of masking. Oh, and witchcraft!! All logos are also paint rather than stickers

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Very nice. Very much a fan of glossy, well painted carbon regardless of weight penalty. The whole murdered out look is getting really tired.

edit to add...........doesn't anyone remember when we were kids and wanted our bikes to look bad-ass, fun, unique, and cool? Flat black with ghosted or minimal logo packages is not that.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Godwinreid - The s3 looks stunning - good job! Was going down a similar route but decided to stick with the current season S2 in black, which i am stripping down and building up with DA Di2. Coming together slowly.

Shrike - Try ooey custom - they have done some amazing stuff and I think are competitively priced. Pics on their Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Awesome work. Immaculate.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Wow, perfection!