Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1331
Looks fantastic!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:08 pm
Posts: 1008
@godwinreid just spotted the video of your frame on their Instagram, looks even better than the pics!

Sent Ali an email now asking about something I've had on my mind for a bit. An S5 painted to look like the camouflage R5 vinyl wrap:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-cer ... r-gallery/

If he quotes £500 for that then I'm sold :lol:


Top
   
Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:35 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:24 pm
Posts: 5
Shrike wrote:
@godwinreid just spotted the video of your frame on their Instagram, looks even better than the pics!

Sent Ali an email now asking about something I've had on my mind for a bit. An S5 painted to look like the camouflage R5 vinyl wrap:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-cer ... r-gallery/

If he quotes £500 for that then I'm sold :lol:


cool....fingers crossed. That will look pretty awesome


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:08 pm
Posts: 1008
The dream is dead :(

alistair mclean
09:47 (2 hours ago)

to me

Sorry pics just opened. Thats pretty tricky. £1200 ish



I can't justify this sort of cash for custom paintwork unfortunately. Maybe will poke around some other places after the summer and see but I've a feeling they'll all say the same thing.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:16 pm
Posts: 303
I have a black 2015 R3 with blue and logos where the OP has hidden disco. The hidden blue looks nice but not half as nice as the hidden disco of course. The details in the hidden disco areas makes me want to know how do they do it? Is it hand painted? A stencil and air brush? Something else?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:24 pm
Posts: 5
Shrike wrote:
The dream is dead :(

alistair mclean
09:47 (2 hours ago)

to me

Sorry pics just opened. Thats pretty tricky. £1200 ish



I can't justify this sort of cash for custom paintwork unfortunately. Maybe will poke around some other places after the summer and see but I've a feeling they'll all say the same thing.


bugger :(

dmulligan wrote:
I have a black 2015 R3 with blue and logos where the OP has hidden disco. The hidden blue looks nice but not half as nice as the hidden disco of course. The details in the hidden disco areas makes me want to know how do they do it? Is it hand painted? A stencil and air brush? Something else?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk


i remember getting a work in progress pic that was 80% finished article...i guess its a mixture of stencil and very clever layering of masking. Oh, and witchcraft!! All logos are also paint rather than stickers


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 am
Posts: 253
Very nice. Very much a fan of glossy, well painted carbon regardless of weight penalty. The whole murdered out look is getting really tired.

edit to add...........doesn't anyone remember when we were kids and wanted our bikes to look bad-ass, fun, unique, and cool? Flat black with ghosted or minimal logo packages is not that.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 354
Godwinreid - The s3 looks stunning - good job! Was going down a similar route but decided to stick with the current season S2 in black, which i am stripping down and building up with DA Di2. Coming together slowly.

Shrike - Try ooey custom - they have done some amazing stuff and I think are competitively priced. Pics on their Facebook page.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:26 pm
Posts: 1016
Awesome work. Immaculate.

_________________
Evo 5.02kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

mile2424

0

670

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 pm

mile2424 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. "Bloody" Pinarello Dogma F8 project - custom painted thread - where is it? why can't I read it anymore?

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Daddy yo yo

3

912

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Daddy yo yo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Taking painted logos off carbon wheels?

in Road

Bianchi10

8

1254

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:58 pm

culovero View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. My Custom Build

in Road

callumghilton

5

1672

Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:54 pm

kode54 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Custom gravel?

in Cyclocross / Gravel / Touring

wheelsONfire

5

660

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:51 pm

wheelsONfire View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Delorre and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited