Dengfu R02 build (photo links redone on Flickr)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

motorapido

by motorapido

Thanks, Need to get some longer rides in,
But so far i would say the front ends not quite as harsh as the Canyon, but that may be more down to the bars and stem over the frame itself.
Bottom bracket seems nice and stiff, it seems to fly up hills but i am now running different cranks.
and the seatpost / saddle combination is comfortable for me with not much road buzz.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zac36100

by Zac36100

what's the brand of brakes?

motorapido

by motorapido

The brakes are Sram Rival HydroR hydraulic rim brakes,
tuned a bit with Ti retaining bolt, KCNC pad carriers with Ti bolts, and Aluminium hose end fittings.
The brake lever / shifter assemblies are Sram HydroR brake bodies with gutted shifter units and these are operated by modified Shimano ultegra Di2 brake lever blades with the Di2 shifter electronic modules and switch paddles.
Last edited by motorapido on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zac36100

by Zac36100

very interesting, how do they perform? I suggest you to put light blue pad carriers instead of gold

motorapido

by motorapido

Brakes are great, a nicely weighted light lever action with great modulation and lots of power when needed,
The gold carriers were what i already had, i have been looking for orange holders without any success so might look for blue or just go with black.

motorapido

by motorapido

Made the final Garmin mount out of 3mm CF plate, weight is 26grammes at the moment but i might machine out the centre,
ImageIMG_5170 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
ImageIMG_5169 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
ImageIMG_5168 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
ImageIMG_5167 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

Held on by the 2 screws that retained the old cable cover plate, and some very strong double sided tape.
have had to file a few grooves to get a good transition for the brake hoses.

The rear Navigator wheel is proving to be difficult to re-dish as the spoke holes in the rim have had to opened up to take a ground down external spoke driver but access to the nipples is still tricky, might have to strip the wheel and use a new set of spokes and nipples.

A couple of final bits coming from Alibaba, some Orange anodised lightweight pad holders and some new lightweight style carbon bottle cages, should hopefully turn up next week.
Will have to see what the quality is like before i decide whether to use them or not.
Last edited by motorapido on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

motorapido

by motorapido

An update,
Some foam's required to stop the rear brake hose rattling in the top tube over road surfaces with large chipping's, which i seem to end up ride on mostly.
The new brake pad holders have turned up and are a good colour match and pretty light, made by Barbieri, They just use an R clip to retain the pads rather than the usual screw. I've ditched the pads as for the carbon wheels i run Swiss stop Yellows.
And the rear wheel should be sorted this week as well, had to get a new set of Sapim inverted spoke nipples, and to ensure i get riding on these wheels soon a replacement set of spokes.
Hope to be back on my carbon hoops for next weekend. with photos and updated weight.

motorapido

by motorapido

Well since photobucket has blocked all my old images, here's an update.

still trying to work out how to display imgur photos, any advice.

Edit got it sorted with Flickr

Added some decals in matt Silver,
Navigator Carbon wheels re-dished and Vittoria tub refitted,
Barberi Orange lightweight pad holders installed with Swiss stop yellow pads,
Copy lightweight bottle cages installed seem to hold bottles well and at 18 grammes each a decent weight.

http://imgur.com/9fT9R4S
Image20170703_191447_Burst01 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

kidrob

by kidrob

Super nice! Any way to remove the orange stickers on the wheels? Plain black/blue may look classier?

motorapido

by motorapido

Thanks Kidrob,
The wheel decals are actually yellow, and are under the clear coat so no easy way to remove them.
I have found a graphics company that do the Navigator logos as a standard wheel decal at about £20 per wheel in a variety of colours so am going to check if they are true to size decals and i could overlay them. If not will probably live with them whilst looking for a new set of rims or wheels.
Last edited by motorapido on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motorapido

by motorapido

Weighed in at just under 7.0kg with the tubs, includes Garmin GSC 10 and Garmin 810 but, didn't include tool bottle or bidon.
Image20170708_105236_Burst01 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

askeAnker

by askeAnker

motorapido wrote:The brakes are Sram Rival HydroR hydraulic rim brakes,
tuned a bit with Ti retaining bolt, KCNC pad carriers with Ti bolts, and Aluminium hose end fittings.
The brake lever / shifter assemblies are Sram HydroR brake bodies with gutted shifter units and these are operated by modified Shimano ultegra Di2 brake lever blades with the Di2 shifter units and switch paddles.

What brake fluid are you using for this setup? I thought SRAM and Shimano hydraulics were incompatible due to brake fluid differences...? Dot 5.1 vs mineral oil...

motorapido

by motorapido

They are incompatible,
I use the entire SRAM part of the brake system and then remove the SRAM shift system and brake lever and replace it with a modified brake lever from a mechanical cable brake Ultegra Di2 system with a special pivot block bonded into it.

Will dig out some photos and upload to Flickr to show the mod.
ImageIMG_4902 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_4888 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_4887 by Paul Townsend, on FlickrImageIMG_4879 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
Last edited by motorapido on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

askeAnker

by askeAnker

Nicely done, sir! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

motorapido

by motorapido

A Couple of updates,

Finally got round to sorting out wheels and covering over the yellow logos with some gloss slate grey decals on the rims, thanks to Mike at AtoZ stickers in Newcastle who did a great job of copying the font and making up and fitting them.

I think they look a lot better than the bright yellow

I have also made up a front light mount that bolts onto my Garmin mount. It uses the standard Lezyne bar mount machined to accept the saddle clamp bolts off a Thomson seatpost, which are avaialble as spares with a yoke out of a cut off end from a carbon steerer, Nice and light, adjustable, solid and pretty cheap.

ImageIMG_5208 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
ImageIMG_5209 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
ImageIMG_5211 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
ImageIMG_5212 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr
ImageIMG_5213 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr