Trek Madone 5.5 SL Project - Lance on Campagnolo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Timo

by Timo

That looks very promising!
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Frame and forks have returned from the paint shop. I am really pleased with the clear coat finish over the nude sanded carbon, done very carefully. Looking forward to building this up when I return from holidays. The flash on the photo makes the area near the matte decals look lighter than in reality.
Attachments
IMG_0006.JPG

Timo

by Timo

Begs for outdoor photos!
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Hi Timo

I will take some better photos outside when I get back off holidays.

KB

by KB

looks better with the paint removed. looking forward to this build.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm going to do the build in 2 phases. First of all a swap over of parts from my Bertoletti (as mentioned in the thread). Then when I have a bit more spare cash will go for EE brakes, Kalloy uno stealth stem (probs -17), Deda Suppelegera RS bars (like the shape), Super Record RS rear der (but use as 10 speed).

durianrider

by durianrider

nice. Do you think 28mm GP4000s would fit in this SL frame and XXX fork?
My YT channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/durianriders?feature=mhee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Follow me on Strava
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I think the clearance would be tight. Once I've built it up I will stick in a 28mm pave tire and check.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Build almost finished. Just rear tub to refit due to a nipple replacement on the wheel. Looks fab.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Build finished. I'm on my way to the Alps so will add more photos throughout the week. I'm pleased with the final build. No major annoyances. Downtube shifter works a treat thanks to Timo's advice with re the Delrin washer. I will find out the final weight next time at lbs. It currently has a heavy cassette on it (centaur).

I'm starting to think the stem and bars really suit the frame. So further weightloss will be a new cassette, rear derailleur, brakes. Quite keen on ax lightness 25 rims with the alchemy (wheels manufacturing hubs).
Attachments
20170805_174743-640x360.jpg

Timo

by Timo

Deserves bigger pics!

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Hi Timo - I will try and post some better quality pictures. How do I embed those here or do I need to use a hosting site?

Timo

by Timo

I usually post them on my facebook page then link them here using [img]link[/img]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brahl

by brahl

Nice, glad to see this is finished. I would change your sestpost clamp from black to one that matches your headset/group set i.e. silver.
2020 Litespeed T1sl
2016 Specialized S-Works Tarmac (SL5)
2006 Trek Madone SL 5.9