Trek Madone 5.5 SL Project - Lance on Campagnolo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm really happy with the ciamillo brake calipers. After watching a set up video on YouTube I've got the front caliper bang on. More powerful than my campag Athena although the modulation is more abrupt. I'm not convinced I've got the back quite right yet. £1 per gram saved, I'm pleased.

Next up at the end of the year is a chorus ho rear derailleur, right hand ergopower, edco monoblock cassette 11-32.

I'm not sure about the following:

1) Kmc 11 xl silver chain or black dlc?
2) Chris king sotto voce black headset or tune pink headset?

I'm starting to think a mcfk stem and deda superleggera rs bars would look spot on. I can always get them bonded at a later date.

Timo

by Timo

Brownie points for the new brakes!

- silver chain
- pink headset
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I'm definitely going down the mcfk stem and probably fizik carbon Cyrano bull bars and get them bonded.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Incoming WR Compositi carbon bars and kalloy stealth stem. Trying to keep the costs down. Got the bars for £50 off eBay. I've lost a lot of weight over the winter and should be down to 74kg for the summer. That way I will stick with 10speed and go for a recon 11-27 cassette and a kmc 11xsl chain.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I've updated the weights on the first page. Once I've fitted the bars, stem, cassette and chain I will weigh the total bike with everything on should be around 6.05kg. A super record rd will get it to 6.01kg. To break the 6kg barrier I will need lighter wheels. The carbon bars are a lot heavier than I thought. Still they only cost me £50.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Got a dremel yesterday and will get to work on the rear derailleur!

Selcof stem 110mm in the post as well from planet x. Supposedly 110 grams for £12.50. Will see what the real weight is later this week. Will use acetone to get the graphics off. Working on the WR Compositi bars tonight.