TonyM wrote:Looks good!
Which size is it?

Thanks! 52 it is!

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Looks the business. :D

KCookie

by KCookie

Deserves some more pics. Looks great. !!

Ulver

by Ulver

Very nice. How does the Idol ride? I have had an 888 SR Superking which I stupidly sold and have an old Team that I've had a long time and will definitely get another De Rosa at some point.

mykochan

by mykochan

Ulver wrote:Very nice. How does the Idol ride? I have had an 888 SR Superking which I stupidly sold and have an old Team that I've had a long time and will definitely get another De Rosa at some point.

Rides very well, very responsive compared to my Trek Madone with Zipp 404 clinchers... but then I'm comparing a pair of 1700g wheels with the 1200g Boras. But I would say the De Rosa doesn't hold speed as well as my Madone on the flats... again probably because of the weight of the wheels and I'm only running on 23mm tyres on my De Rosa (Madone's on 25mm)

You should get the new Protos, you either love that giant downtube or hate it.

Ulver

by Ulver

mykochan wrote:
Ulver wrote:Very nice. How does the Idol ride? I have had an 888 SR Superking which I stupidly sold and have an old Team that I've had a long time and will definitely get another De Rosa at some point.

Rides very well, very responsive compared to my Trek Madone with Zipp 404 clinchers... but then I'm comparing a pair of 1700g wheels with the 1200g Boras. But I would say the De Rosa doesn't hold speed as well as my Madone on the flats... again probably because of the weight of the wheels and I'm only running on 23mm tyres on my De Rosa (Madone's on 25mm)

I like the look of the SK and will probably try to find one used at some point for about £1.5k (frameset), can't justify £4k on a Protos frameset. I even tried to persuade the guy I sold the Superking to to sell it back to me
:cry:

The new Protos does look very nice though, a better resolved design than its predecessor.

mykochan

by mykochan

Ulver wrote:
mykochan wrote:

I like the look of the SK and will probably try to find one used at some point for about £1.5k (frameset), can't justify £4k on a Protos frameset. I even tried to persuade the guy I sold the Superking to to sell it back to me
:cry:

The new Protos does look very nice though, a better resolved design than its predecessor.

heard a couple of reviews saying the SK isn't stiff enough though...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperflyRick

by SuperflyRick

Wow nice bike, looks really great!