Cervelo S1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

Picked this rig up at a swap meet yesterday minus wheelset, pedals and saddle. Going to be mainly a crit/training bike. Got my fit as close as possible this morning and took it out for a spin today. Lots of fun and very stiff, much more so than my old Allez. Thanks for looking. Will get a build list and weight up when I get over to the LBS! Probably closer to 8.1 kg if I had to guess.

AZR3

by AZR3

Looks like a very well taken care of S1, enjoy it!

by Weenie

prebsy

by prebsy

ugh the s1 is so magnificent and was so ahead of it's time. I'd love to see what would happen if cervelo revisited aluminum....stiff is not a word I've ever heard associated with it though.

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

prebsy wrote:ugh the s1 is so magnificent and was so ahead of it's time. I'd love to see what would happen if cervelo revisited aluminum....stiff is not a word I've ever heard associated with it though.

The BB area is much stiffer than my DSW Allez. It sure is a damn pretty bike though.

prebsy

by prebsy

I believe that lol

dsw twas not a good bike

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

prebsy wrote:I believe that lol

dsw twas not a good bike

Haha. I'd love to compare this to an allez sprint! It would be a good comparison I think. Even a LOW, spooky or vynl would be interesting to ride back to back.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

The S1 is one of my all time favorite frames. And that's a good, no-nonsense build.

Just out of curiosity - was this swap the Great Maine Bike Swap?

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

jbaillie wrote:The S1 is one of my all time favorite frames. And that's a good, no-nonsense build.

Just out of curiosity - was this swap the Great Maine Bike Swap?

Thanks! It was a CO springs swap meet actually. It's a really good one out here. Not as big as VeloSwap but still has some gems!

tmr5555

by tmr5555

Enjoy the old but not yet obsolete S1!
Here's mine:
Last edited by tmr5555 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmr5555

by tmr5555

prebsy wrote:ugh the s1 is so magnificent and was so ahead of it's time. I'd love to see what would happen if cervelo revisited aluminum....stiff is not a word I've ever heard associated with it though.

Absolutely!

by Weenie