Dengfu FM098 – 2017 Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MarkH

by MarkH

Is this where you got it from; http://dengfubikes.com/ROAD_FRAME/129.html
I'm considering one right now but I see several resellers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NilesCrane

by NilesCrane

I think your build looks great. Would love to see some new pictures now that you've cut the steerer! :)

mikedkelly

by mikedkelly

NilesCrane wrote:I think your build looks great. Would love to see some new pictures now that you've cut the steerer! :)

Here it is after the cut. No problems after 2,000 miles.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

the FM098 actually just got updated to "V2"

Skylab1

by Skylab1

I just received my order from dengfu. And it all looks great. However no where I can find which torque forces to use for tightening where required. Which force settings have you used? I have the same frame FM098

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

mikedkelly

by mikedkelly

Skylab1 wrote:I just received my order from dengfu. And it all looks great. However no where I can find which torque forces to use for tightening where required. Which force settings have you used? I have the same frame FM098

I generally followed the guidelines at http://bicycletutor.com/torque-specifications/ depending on which brand of components you are using. The low to mid level of the ranges have worked fine for me.

For the seat post, put a fair amount of carbon compound on the inside surface of the frame's seat tube as well as on the seat post. With the advised torque, I have not had any slipping problems. Enjoy your new build!

Skylab1

by Skylab1

mikedkelly wrote:
Skylab1 wrote:I just received my order from dengfu. And it all looks great. However no where I can find which torque forces to use for tightening where required. Which force settings have you used? I have the same frame FM098

I generally followed the guidelines at http://bicycletutor.com/torque-specifications/ depending on which brand of components you are using. The low to mid level of the ranges have worked fine for me.

For the seat post, put a fair amount of carbon compound on the inside surface of the frame's seat tube as well as on the seat post. With the advised torque, I have not had any slipping problems. Enjoy your new build!
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately I have to be patient. All of the building components are in only the Shimano ultegra R8050 di2 group which I ordered will approximately be delivered in October [emoji852][emoji852]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

mikedkelly

by mikedkelly

itguy wrote:What's your feedback for the wheels?

After 4000 miles, I started to notice a "clicking" sound coming from the rear wheel. About a week later, I broke a spoke. After having the spoke replaced and the wheel re-trued, the noise was still there. I had my LBS inspect the wheel and they found a crack developing on the inside of the rim. I am moderately light and have not hit as much as a single pot hole with the wheels. Far Sports offered to send me a new rim for $40 to cover shipping. I also asked about a discount on a new wheel and they said that as an alternative, they could sell me a new assembled wheel for the cost of the hub and spokes only. They also recommended I go with their 23mm wide rim instead of the 20.5mm. It is 50g heavier, but I went with that solution since the 23mm will probably be a bit stronger than the original ultralight I had. The cost is $20-40 more than what I would pay to find a good wheel builder and have him/her do a disassemble/build.

seansis

by seansis

Where did you make your bike project? In which computer program?
I was looking for a similar color and did not find it.
I also want to make a custom bike, but I do not know where to draw.

mikedkelly

by mikedkelly

seansis wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm
Where did you make your bike project? In which computer program?
I was looking for a similar color and did not find it.
I also want to make a custom bike, but I do not know where to draw.
I just pulled a photo that I liked from their custom paint site at http://photo.163.com/dengfubikes.vip/?u ... 9659126329. The colors are white and electric blue on top of the native 3K glossy carbon.

seansis

by seansis

mikedkelly wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:56 pm
I just pulled a photo that I liked from their custom paint site at http://photo.163.com/dengfubikes.vip/?u ... 9659126329. The colors are white and electric blue on top of the native 3K glossy carbon.
Thank you!

what is the feeling of сycling? Did they compare with more expensive aero models (trek madone, specialized venge)?
Is the bike really fast, stiffness and responsive?

mikedkelly

by mikedkelly

seansis wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:06 pm
Thank you!

what is the feeling of сycling? Did they compare with more expensive aero models (trek madone, specialized venge)?
Is the bike really fast, stiffness and responsive?
The only other bike I have owned is a Cannondale SuperSix, so I have no frame of reference against the top-of-the-line frames. The superlight wheels are what make the biggest difference I think. It feels very stiff and responsive. I jumped on my Cannondale the other day and it felt like I was riding through sand. I'm sure the professional frames have optimized layups in all the right places, but for me, having a 6.7 kg bike for $1,000 US + components is a real treat.