My Next 'Nago; Project C6.0

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

White seatpost is much better. I would still prefer the Colnago one.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Commuted into work this morning.
First impression(s:
1: It will take a little bit to get the hood position just right.
2: Holy crap, it feels easier to turn the pedals. The bearings can't make that much difference. Must be the 2 rest days.
3: I'm quite surprised that a saddle this flat wasn't immediately offensive. It's been awhile since I got along with a flatter saddle... or maybe it isn't flat. Perhaps it's round. Maybe even square!
Last edited by Imaking20 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

kgt wrote:White seatpost is much better.

Agreed! Same with the white stem being preferable. This C60 bike looks great!

Imaking20 wrote:Commuted into work this morning...First impressions...I'm quite surprised that a saddle this flat wasn't immediately offensive. It's been awhile since I got along with a flat saddle... or maybe it isn't flat. Perhaps it's round. Maybe even square!

Agreed! Berk's Lupina is a masterpiece for the backside.

However, I don't think it's "flat." I see a slightly concave sitting position where the nose and tail are slightly higher than the midsection.

RyanH

by RyanH

Yeah, the saddle shape is pretty similar to the List, just with a cutout. I don't get along with cutouts since they create pressure points for me which is why I asked Berk to make the first List.

Oh, and unfortunately your post office ETA was right...dammit.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Perhaps it's just the finish that makes it appear flatter. Whatever the concave in the middle - there's just enough of it. Curious to see how it goes after a few longer rides.

I'm liking the gooch cutout and I'm usually partial to them. The List has just enough kick up at the rear that I didn't really have an issue with the lack of relief. Though, it was a little more noticeable once I got back on the Romin while waiting for this saddle.

Bummer about the saddle delivery, Ryan! The Lupina got here super quick, I was hoping the List would have similar luck. At least it should be delivered today though..

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Current parts list. Let's call it final.

RyanH

by RyanH

Your estimate of the i-links is off unless the C60 has full housing run for the rear brake (that was dumb on the C59). 85g should be the weight of cables and iLinks for the entire bike. You can save a few grams on the FD by swapping the clamping bolt and the braze on bolt with aluminum bolts. I also swapped the limit screws and got mine down to 70g:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Well, I've got some weight hiding so I threw it at the gators.

I could definitely do some more bolt tuning. Like the heavy arse bolts the Fabrics come with. I have just been too lazy to figure out what the dimensions are for the drivetrain stuff :oops:

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

Imaking20 wrote:Current parts list. Let's call it final.

10lbs is really heavy for barrel adjuster

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I've been waiting for someone to catch that :)

It was deliberate. That's my scapegoat for not hitting 6kg on the nose.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Imaking20 wrote:Many many thanks to Ryan and Cal for the help. She's all buttoned up. Total weight with Garmin mount and no wheels is 4200g. Which should put total weight at 6020g when I get my other wheels back. I'll post a scale shot when they're back in my possession.

In the meantime, I've got to get signed up for dental school...

Wow, what a stunning example. I love it. Come to think about it, I do remember something very similar, although more portly. Glad you came to the Campy side. Looks better all Italian. However, I was able to ride 9100, and feel that is the smoothest mechanical group in current production.

Last edited by chazmtb on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That looks killer. I've pondered some Bora 50s so yours is good to see. What's the weight on your setup?

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Very portly 6.9 KG. Boras are great weight for clincher, but the Corsa G+ 25mm are at least 265 grams. Standard Campy cables are heavy. I went with Campy chain too, which are much heavier than KMC, and smoother too. Super Record 12-29 is light for Campy, but not too light compared to Sram Red. Stock Colnago seatpost and Romin Evo Pro aren't the lightest. Prologo tape is pretty heavy too.

This is not my light bike. I have the Zero 7 with Sram Red, but it's a normal build and came in at 6.4kg.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Descending on this bike is just ridiculous. You just pick a lime and it's almost like it holds itself. This and the C59 are the only bikes where I've thought mid-corner "wow, 5his feels like my old R6"

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Imaking20 wrote:Descending on this bike is just ridiculous. You just pick a lime and it's almost like it holds itself. This and the C59 are the only bikes where I've thought mid-corner "wow, 5his feels like my old R6"

Hearing over how nice it descends is only making me antsy... I have a hillclimb event coming up with a 30km decent and can't wait to try out my C60....

In the meantime, looks like you've finalized your build...absolutely stunning...Those cranks really compliment the frame... Now ride it hard and hopefully no large upgrades in the pipeline or else you'll literally be "pulling teeth" with the bank account.... Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :beerchug:
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com