My Next 'Nago; Project C6.0

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I was in a car accident in December that has made my AR FRD a bit... challenging to ride. If I want to be able to spend more time riding outside, it needs to be on something less aggressive. Plus, the FRD has got to be the hardest riding bike I've built or ridden. Not sure what exactly I was thinking... but it did look pretty!

Anyway, the silver lining to the accident is now I'm able to build one of my dream bikes.

More pictures once the group arrives and I get to build it up - for now, just a teaser...

Build will be:
Colnago seatpost
3T Team stem (at least for awhile)
Ritchey WCS Streem bars
DA9100 mechanical
EE Brakes
S-Works Romin Evo
Arundel Mandible
Look Keo Carbon/Ti
Reynolds 58 tubular
Vittoria Pave 25mm

Going back and forth on specific color combos:

6/21 update: Campy...

Last edited by Imaking20 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Love the color.. gl with the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jasonh

by jasonh

glad you weren't badly hurt and congrats on the new frameset. Looking forward to hearing the plans and seeing the finished product.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice... 50 sloping?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Yes sir! Did you just sense that or do you remember the 52s being a little off for me?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

No, I like to guess. I can usually tell by the headtube and the junction between the top tube and downtube.
I remember one guy who had every gadget on his C60 you could possibly think of and I said to him... 52 sloping? He said "No, it's a 54". It looked small for him and he said it handled much quicker than his old 54 BMC. Now I don't know how BMC's handle but I know Colnago's, properly sized, will be nice and neutral. I believe the reason he felt it handled "quick" was simply because it was a little small for him. Any bike that is smaller will "feel" more agile. But if the reason it feels like that is simply because it's too small then that's not good, unless you like riding a bike in the smallish side, and some do. Anyway, I took a quick measurement, and sure enough it was a 52 sloping, but I didn't have the heart to tell him had he got the right size then he wouldn't need 4cm of spacers under the stem like he was running. Anyway, I like white bikes, so I'm looking forward to your build.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Ha ha

I think we follow the same path. From the wilier cento uno sl to ARFRD to a C60 RSWH.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Use the Dura Ace 9100 brakes. They'll look better with the frame and will better protect you from any possible mishaps. Just get a lighter saddle.
Last edited by beeatnik on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Cal, that's pretty hilarious!

Chaz, I'd say you're right. I've been drooling over your C60 for long enough!

Beeatnik, the group coming does have 9100 brakes included. I'll ride the EEs, go hit a few fast descents, and see if they're enough. If so, I'll sell the DA. If they're not, the EEs will go.

What sort of mishaps are you referring to though?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yeah, I'd go for the 9100 brakes over the EE's as well. Superb function and looks and scads of clearance. Easy setup and adjustment too.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Nice............ look forward to the ongoing updates & build, enjoy
BB

Coffee & carbon

kgt

by kgt

Great frame choice!
+1 on DA brakes. I think the streem bars will neither match the stem nor the frame. I would like the wheels without decals.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I just snagged one of the Kaloy stems off ebay after finding a thread on here. I'm using the bars because I have them and they're essentially new. Plus I like a flat top to rest my forearms on. Still debating about snagging another Deda Superleggera bar though because I really enjoyed that thing on my Tarmac and C59.

The graphics on the wheels are very subtle.

I'm surprised everyone is advocating the DA over the EE brakes! It's as though we aren't on Weight Weenies! I won't argue that I shed a tear leaving Shimano for eTAP when thinking about my limited braking options. The 9000 calipers are so so good.

EverydayTomG

by EverydayTomG

That smooth silver color though...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Kalloy Uno stem arrived today. I had plasti dipped my 3T Arx but didn't care for the result. Stole the Ti bolts from it for a savings of 25g with the Kalloy!

Don't worry, the graphics came off.