My Warranty Replacement Madone H1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

da123

by da123

ghoundz wrote:I like the vapor coat. Which color is it? Is this the deep dark blue or dark aquatic?
Thanks!

It is called Petrol Pearl. It doesn't seem to be on the colour palette anymore, but I believe they can still do it if you want it.

da123

by da123

jdc5r wrote:From a fellow M9 owner, loving the bike.

Enjoy

It is a great ride. I think Trek have very nearly eliminated the compromises that usually come with 'aero'. If I was being massively picky, the only areas for improvement would be:

- the brakes are strong, but they lack a bit of modulation. They could also do with being about 100g lighter IMO
- cable rattle - it can be eliminated through trial and error (a lot of trial and error in my case), but this should really be perfect out of the box
- climbing - it climbs okay, but is still half a step behind the best climbing bikes

Everything else is startlingly good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maverick_1

by maverick_1

da123 wrote:Lightweight Meilenstein Obermayer Schwarz Edition. The ones with the ceramicspeed bearings that die as soon as you ride them in the rain...

@da123...
I thought those ceramic bearings were supposedly bombproof ??
Did you get in touch with LW to get the bearing issues resolve?

da123

by da123

maverick_1 wrote:
da123 wrote:Lightweight Meilenstein Obermayer Schwarz Edition. The ones with the ceramicspeed bearings that die as soon as you ride them in the rain...

@da123...
I thought those ceramic bearings were supposedly bombproof ??
Did you get in touch with LW to get the bearing issues resolve?

Air proof, yes. Feather proof, yes. Rain proof, no. Drizzle proof, doubtful. Puddle proof, possibly. Bombproof, suspect not.

This is the second time it has happened, as they've already been replaced once by LW under warranty for the same issue. The wheel is currently back with LW again and I'm awaiting their response. My LBS, which has stocked LWs in the past told me that they had the same issues with other customer's wheels. It may be more the seals on the hubs than the bearings. There is a single tiny o ring which sits inside the axle cap which is the only thing between the bearing and the elements. It is a pain in ass to be honest, as LW will not allow their dealers to service the hubs, so if this happens, it's back to Germany they go and a month without the wheels.