My Time Skylon

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Beautiful build, just perfect and like the splash of colour on the bars.

lirek15

by lirek15

Great build kgt, very balanced. Time+Campy+Lightweights, one can't go wrong with that combo
:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

After a few hundreds of kms. A really amazing frame that does everything exceptionally well!

td100

by td100

Lovely bike looks nice with the Gipf's, I just bought one and built it up very stiff and fast
Attachments
18011050_233096867168573_6554995559262119634_n.jpg
18034086_233096857168574_8469751181866070673_n.jpg
Colnago C59 Italia
Fondriest TF2 1.0
Time Skylon

kgt

by kgt

Nice!

Here is mine with the SMP saddle I will be testing for the next few rides. Sure not the most beautiful saddle but not that bad either. Let's see how it performs.

track01

by track01

Great "Time machines" here, both optically and technically.

Delorre

by Delorre

kgt wrote:After a few hundreds of kms. A really amazing frame that does everything exceptionally well!

The proportions and the color scheme are so nice on that bike! Even the low profile wheels are perfect for that build. I would only change the stem to something more slim, a blacked-out Deda zero 100 or Pro stem (the Time stem is also a -10° ,no? )for exemple. That Time stem is a little bulky. Oh, and as mentionned before, a black handlebar is a real must. Do you mind to share your saddle height?

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

Nice build... my only complaint is the hi viz yellow handlebar and the "dick vein"...... the shift cables being routed on the outside of the bars instead along the inside with the brake cables...

kgt

by kgt

What do you mean about the shift cables "being routed on the outside of the bars"? Both brake and shift cables are routed underneath the bars, there is a specific channel for this:

@ Delorre
Saddle height is 76cm (at its top) from BB. I would never change the stem btw, it is maybe the sexiest part of the bike and it matches the frame perfectly. I do have to find another fluo yellow part to match my bars though, a saddle maybe. I have two options in mind:

and

For the moment I enjoy the fabulous ride quality.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Nicely build. And I'm also trying some fluo components. And ordered both the selle smp dynamic in fluo yellow. And skylite VT in fluo pink/ fuschia... let's see your skylone once you decided to get which saddle.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

KGT, CLEAR,
The Astute has a very nice shape (at least for me) but it has two things to consider if you go for it and set it up:
1) Is is softer than a lot of other saddles - i.e. it has good give in the middle and floats more that other saddles. This is apparently by design if you read their marketing diatribe.
2) Where the rails meet the shell at the nose is a design flaw. The saddle is secure, but it is prone to squeaks at that junction, especially if you are a heavier rider or a masher. I solved it after injecting a small amount of glue/resin into the junction. Since then no issues. I just got another one, this time the wider Pilarga VT model with ti rails, not carbon like my other one.

The SMP in fluoro is just too much. The Astute is more subtle.

Seedster

by Seedster

This such a lovely build. Those low profile lightweights with the 5 arm cranks look great.

While I understand the desire to keep the Fluo handlebar, I suggest you just bite the bullet and get a plain black matte ergopower bar. Adding more fluo makes it worse. This bike is near perfect otherwise.

Congratulations on one of the nicest new builds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

kgt wrote:What do you mean about the shift cables "being routed on the outside of the bars"? Both brake and shift cables are routed underneath the bars, there is a specific channel for this:

Nice build @kgt :thumbup:

@cl9k24la is talking about the routing of your derailleur cables through the outside channel from the levers versus if you ran them out of the inside channel on the levers and couple them up with the brake cables in front. In your case, with those bars, it doesn't look like you have the option of using the other routing. I agree with @cl9k24la about the "vein" it creates on the outside of the bars. But the thing that will happen eventually with that routing is that the cable will fray where it exits the lever due to the very tight bend it has to make at that point. Similar to the Shimano cable issue making that right angle bend as it comes out of the lever. After a couple of strands of cable poking their way out through the levers into my palms, I stopped using that cable routing entirely and route them through the much "friendlier" option of around the front, even if I have to forego using a channel in the bars at the back. New levers from Campagnolo are always supplied with cables already run through the "cable friendly" channel, although the option that you used is there for cases where that might not be feasible as looks to be the case with those bars. Not a big deal really, just a preference both to avoid the inevitable cable frayin and the aesthetics but also to allow for a gentler bend right there to make shifting even smoother.

As for the neon, I agree with @Seedster, two wrongs don't make a right. I'd just get some black bars and be done.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I had a Time speeder for a short time and I don't know if I truly appreciated what I had.
Kgt reading your initial post you've made me want a Time, also your bike looks fantastic, the position looks incredibly balanced. Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk