Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1014 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:52 pm 

The build of the website so far this year. Chapeau to a fellow brit weight weenie.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:33 pm 

4ibanez wrote:
DWatkinsBSB wrote:
Another question to Derek and Ibanez: where can I get the Tune liner? No joy over at R2...

ebay - search "Tune bowden plastic" as links aren't allowed.

Hum... one guys shows up and the cable portions seem to be too short, no? The one I saw is a guy selling 5 of what look like very short bits of cable. Is that the one?

By the way, just had my Corima pads delivered! If they don't work on Corima wheels, they might as well give up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:33 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:40 pm 

I love how your bike turned out. The white Tune liners go so well with the subtle white Ax logos. I love your SRT 42 wheels in the ultra rare 12K weave. Where did you find them???? I remember Ax releasing some brake calipers, rims, and stem in the cool 12K but this was back in 2007. Oh and your Tiso Front Derailleur is awesome. I tried to reach out to Mattias Hellore but got no response back so I will have to tune one myself.

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 pm 

DWatkinsBSB wrote:
Hum... one guys shows up and the cable portions seem to be too short, no? The one I saw is a guy selling 5 of what look like very short bits of cable. Is that the one?

By the way, just had my Corima pads delivered! If they don't work on Corima wheels, they might as well give up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sound like the ones. If you look closely you should be able to see the white liner poking out. There will be enough! Also kudos on the Corimas. I definitely have a soft spot for them, and quality is supposed to be excellent.

Last edited by 4ibanez on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:25 pm 

campagowlo wrote:
The build of the website so far this year. Chapeau to a fellow brit weight weenie.

What a nice thing to say - thanks! I think there's some other contenders who might have something to say about that! Big frames don't always make for good looking bikes for some people.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:38 pm 

godzuki26 wrote:
I love how your bike turned out. The white Tune liners go so well with the subtle white Ax logos. I love your SRT 42 wheels in the ultra rare 12K weave. Where did you find them???? I remember Ax releasing some brake calipers, rims, and stem in the cool 12K but this was back in 2007. Oh and your Tiso Front Derailleur is awesome. I tried to reach out to Mattias Hellore but got no response back so I will have to tune one myself.

Thanks for the compliment - several ideas were shamelessly stolen from your builds!

I thought about colouring the liners with a marker, which Xena suggested a while back. I found coverage was shitty on my test section. Maybe it was my marker, but yeah they just add a subtle flash of white, which I quite like.

I'm sure Matthias will make a rear plate for you if he has the dimensions. I predict you'll beat 46g either way!
My saddle is actually a 12k AX lightness Phoenix too - I didn't realise they were limited. I got the SRT42s off ebay for a decent price.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:03 am 

Great build mate and excellent weight. I am just shy of hitting 5kg. 5.05 but don't think i will get there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:09 am 

NiFTY = the original seed. Great bike.

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:15 pm 

Klaster1 wrote:
4ibanez, you seem to use Cateye Strada Slim too. Can you show how the head unit is mounted? I'm curious about other configurations besides default "on the stem".

It's very tight round these bars as the flat tops give a larger diameter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:19 pm 

NiFTY wrote:
Great build mate and excellent weight. I am just shy of hitting 5kg. 5.05 but don't think i will get there.

Thank you. Yours is absolutely stunning and defintely inspired some of the aesthetic here. You can shave 50g!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:29 pm 

The Corima pads arrived from Strada Wheels. They weren't the old type pictured on their site, they're the new ones with white writing which are a bit heavier. They came in at 13g for 4, but I trimmed and filed down to 12g. I guess a 17g weight saving over my well worn black princes is still decent. They're super tight, but I can't be bothered to adjust my brakes. Any AX owners will empathise!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:55 pm 

Took the bike out for a spin. I'm used to riding a light bike, so it wasn't an alien sensation, but it seemed to float uphill 5-10% easier. Other main obsevations were that the Tiso derailleur shifted great, Tune hubs are excellent, and those Fabric bottles are going to take some getting used to! I didn't use the Ultralite pedals, as I just want re-acclimatise to the bike first. Oh also, the Carbonice magnet I received is a POS. Waiting for Bike24 to respond to me about that. It only registers within a couple of mm of the sensor! Other magnets including a Tune Pulsar have been absolutely fine.

I went out with the old man. His Fascenario is about 5.9kg. (The metal near the rear hub is a part he built to tension the spokes after his rim delaminated).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:18 am 

Thats looks great with new rims. Did you get the fsa lower headset to work?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:24 pm 

NiFTY wrote:
Thats looks great with new rims. Did you get the fsa lower headset to work?

Thanks! No, after you said you couldn't get it to work I decided to just buy the upper.

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:24 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:31 am 

4ibanez wrote:
The Corima pads arrived from Strada Wheels. They weren't the old type pictured on their site, they're the new ones with white writing which are a bit heavier. They came in at 13g for 4, but I trimmed and filed down to 12g.

Glad I never ended up getting a set from Strada in the end. I just could not get their invoicing to work for me here in New Zealand. Which is a shame as they have some nice stuff - eg the AX rims - which no one else sells by the rim it would seem

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1014 Next