4ibanez's Supersix Evo - 4.29kg (build list in 1st post)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

dereksmalls wrote:Was it the 1 1/4 45°x45° for the lower bearing? Can you link to the one on the Tredz site for the lower assembly? I'm going for a Cane Creek AER upper assembly so need something light for the bottom. My LBS is going to hate me when I walk in with my box of parts and say "swap everything out for this stuff please" :lol: :lol:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.FSA-SL-Alloy-A ... 106244.htm
It's 1, 1/4, 45°x 45°.
Install it yourself. I'm still a bit of an amateur, but it only took me 10 minutes. You just need some grease and a torque wrench. I use a piece of wire if the expander falls down the steerer. I find it's oh so easy to fall in, but doesn't come back out!

PS what's the weight of the Cane Creek?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Top assembly including headset cover is 12 grams, 34 grams all up including the bottom crown race and bearing

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

I got some Veloflex sprinters 22mm at 243g and 244g plus a pair of Lightweight 28mm valve extenders - 4g. Hmm both tubs almost 20g over claimed weight (225g). Well they'll still save me 50g+ and I think they're gonna look good. They certainly seem top quality.

I removed the old tubs. The rear was knackered and dried up, the front was stuck well and insanely tacky and hard to clean. I decided to completely clean up both rims with acetone and go from scratch - front took about 2 hours, and an hour for the rear (It's my first time)!

The tubs are stretched, extenders installed with PTFE and all ready to go with gluing tomorrow.

I'm not too sure about the best way to store the rims and tubs between layers of mastik. I have a load of hooks in the garage which could work...

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Now 4,678g (edit: miscalculated - it's 4663g). First attempt working with tubs (rather than just riding). I'm reasonably happy... Back is dead straight, front has a bit of wobble.
Last edited by 4ibanez on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Hell yeah!! Looks so good

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

I've updated the 1st page to include the current build list. If anyone's interested I'll keep that up to date when I make any further changes.
4,663g is the current weight give or take a little.

Asteroid

by Asteroid

Looks fantastic. You could drop another 100 grams by using Veloflex Records. Mine weighed in at 190 grams each. 22c width and expensive, although I bought mine several years ago for less than $60ea. Most riders get less than 1,000km on a rear. Mine show some wear at 500km, causing me to predict about 1,000 at most.
Shoot, combine that with a straight block cassette, and it oughtta bring you below ten pounds! Freaky.
Oldbie

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Thanks - yeh there's a few things I've thought of... I'd consider a Record on the front, and having a combo made of the saddle/post (I've moved the nose down since last pics). I might consider going to a 25t cassette, but it's nice to have a bail out gear if you're not feeling it!

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Double post

jinnie799

by jinnie799

Well I found missing cassette weight. What kind of cassett that you using?

jinnie799

by jinnie799

Btw, updated picture is really good.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

You can always run the Omni Racer Cassettes and shave some grams there.
My buddy is a hammer and rides one, and that cassette is solid and pricey.
Having a Tubular hop "Wobble" is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I've been running tubs for years and straightening / centering the tire comes with experience.
You'll get it down and the timing you have to center the tire before the glue mends.
Spin the wheel close to your eye and look for the uneven area and move it to the Left/Right. Once you get all of the hops out, then roll it on the floor with all of your weight and the tire at about 80psi. I roll the wheel back and forth a few times with lots of pressure.

You never really notice the hop until you hit a smooth patch of road, and then my OCD kicks in.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

The other (just very slightly different) thing that I find helps center a new tubular is to do the roll around on low pressure when the glue is still new (as above) but also do that turning tight corners (circles) at the same time, do both directions, left and right turn.

I find this uses the natural stretch of the tire to pull it central.

Also pays to have a non WW skewer in to give you something solid to hold onto while you wheel it around. Obviously while the wheel is NOT on the bike :)

jinnie799

by jinnie799

4ibanez wrote:Now 4,678g (edit: miscalculated - it's 4663g). First attempt working with tubs (rather than just riding). I'm reasonably happy... Back is dead straight, front has a bit of wobble.

don't you have any issue for using clavicula se on this frame BB30A?
like sound or q-factor or shorter spindle problems..

I need your help to set up my new machine for 2107 CAAD12 black inc.
what did you use for bb? did you purchase THM BB for MTB PF30 or MTB BB30? as you know, from the manual those MTB BB are 73mm. it means doesn't need any spacer.

or not of the above options, let me know that which BB that you use and spacer as well.
help me dude. :D :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

jinnie799 wrote:
4ibanez wrote:Now 4,678g (edit: miscalculated - it's 4663g). First attempt working with tubs (rather than just riding). I'm reasonably happy... Back is dead straight, front has a bit of wobble.

don't you have any issue for using clavicula se on this frame BB30A?
like sound or q-factor or shorter spindle problems..

I need your help to set up my new machine for 2107 CAAD12 black inc.
what did you use for bb? did you purchase THM BB for MTB PF30 or MTB BB30? as you know, from the manual those MTB BB are 73mm. it means doesn't need any spacer.

or not of the above options, let me know that which BB that you use and spacer as well.
help me dude. :D :thumbup:

His is a 2015 Evo, pre BB30a