Salsa Warbird Brooks LE (new photos)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

HaroldC

by HaroldC

robertg wrote:Not yet. But definitley want one. So many bikes are tempting, but yours is at the top of the list.

Been trying to regain fitness on the road and thinking about racing again. I was at Branchbrook on Saturday checking out the races. I might do the Cherry Blossom Challenge.

I've done the Cherry Blossom race, not bad but I hate racing Branchbrook..... curbs and crits don't mix well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ulver

by Ulver

HaroldC wrote:
Ulver wrote:I use Compass on all my bikes (700c and 650b), great tyres. Your bike looks great, the colour scheme combined with the details just looks spot on. :thumbup:

I had a Cambium for a bit, I found it damaged my bibs, not sure if that was just a defect on my particular saddle though.

That's what I was afraid of. The saddle is great, but there surface is rough enough that I wondered about it. I guess my fears were true. What bibs do you use? Did it pill up or did it actually wear through?

It happened to both a pair of Castelli nano flex bibs and Gore Oxygen's (both of which were fairly new at the time) so not cheapy ones. It was more the stitching that it affected but this had not happened with those bibs on other saddles and stopped once I stopped using the Cambium. Having said that I had only used it for about 4-500km at the most.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Ulver wrote:
HaroldC wrote:
Ulver wrote:I use Compass on all my bikes (700c and 650b), great tyres. Your bike looks great, the colour scheme combined with the details just looks spot on. :thumbup:

I had a Cambium for a bit, I found it damaged my bibs, not sure if that was just a defect on my particular saddle though.

That's what I was afraid of. The saddle is great, but there surface is rough enough that I wondered about it. I guess my fears were true. What bibs do you use? Did it pill up or did it actually wear through?

It happened to both a pair of Castelli nano flex bibs and Gore Oxygen's (both of which were fairly new at the time) so not cheapy ones. It was more the stitching that it affected but this had not happened with those bibs on other saddles and stopped once I stopped using the Cambium. Having said that I had only used it for about 4-500km at the most.

Bummer..... I've been riding with my Rapha bibs so far and nothing. But I did anticipate having to use a beater pair of bibs and seeing if they would wear.

Ulver

by Ulver

HaroldC wrote:
Ulver wrote:
HaroldC wrote:

Bummer..... I've been riding with my Rapha bibs so far and nothing. But I did anticipate having to use a beater pair of bibs and seeing if they would wear.

Equally I have read plenty of other accounts where it hasn't happened and I'm sure if it was happening a lot then there would be a big furore about it and Brooks would have changed it somehow.

JasonL

by JasonL

Love the color combination on the paint with those tires!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

That is damn beautiful