2017 Giant TCR Advanced SL2 (XS)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JS300

by JS300

DaReef wrote:It looks great. Good quality components at a reasonable weight. A bike built to ride.

Thanks! :thumbup:

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

How much the frame weight??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JS300

by JS300

bikemaniack wrote:How much the frame weight??

I haven't ever stripped down the bike, so I don't know. Sorry!

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Whats your height? and whats the measure of center bb- top saddle .
if you dont mind, sure

Nice graphics!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

jeffy

by jeffy

i'll guess at ~60cm saddle height (XS stack + 8cm)

JS300

by JS300

jeffy wrote:i'll guess at ~60cm saddle height (XS stack + 8cm)
danbjpa wrote:Whats your height? and whats the measure of center bb- top saddle .
if you dont mind, sure

Nice graphics!

Thanks. My height is 165cm, and the center of BB to top of saddle is 64cm.

Matija

by Matija

You could save some weight by shorening cables/housing

JS300

by JS300

Just as a quick update, I wasn't really satisfied with my Serfas saddle, so I experimented a bit. First, I got an Astute Skycarb VT. It was super expensive (almost $400USD) and was listed at around 140g. In actuality, it weighed 187g. It is beautifully made though and was pretty comfortable for me, but still, I was disappointed about the weight.

So, I happened to come across a no-name Chinese carbon saddle for about $25. It weighs 103g. For the price, I figured it was worth a try. I only went on one 40km ride with it so far, and it feels good. Unfortunately, it is snowing here in Seoul this week, so I won't be able to ride more for a while.

The stack height of this saddle is about 1cm less than all of my prior saddles, so I had to add in 1cm of spacers to the ISP, which added 5g.

With my Giant SLR1 Climbing wheels with Ultegra cassette, this gets the weight down to 6735g. With my SLR0 Aero wheels, it weighs about 150g more. I may swap over the Dura Ace cassette from my SLR0 Aero wheels to my SLR1 Climbing wheels at some point to get me below 6700g.

Next spring, I plan to swap some of my remaining Ultegra 6800 parts for Dura Ace 9000, and then I should be done.

Here are my latest pics:

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

That is disappointing regarding the Skycarb. I really like the build quality of them and the Italian craftsmanship. That is boat anchor heavy though. My "relatively heavy for carbon" Kit Carbonio is only 125ish.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

JS300

by JS300

wheelbuilder wrote:That is disappointing regarding the Skycarb. I really like the build quality of them and the Italian craftsmanship. That is boat anchor heavy though. My "relatively heavy for carbon" Kit Carbonio is only 125ish.
Yes, it is really beautifully made, and I would have been happy if it was around 140g, as seen listed in various places online.

alpinestar

by alpinestar

Nice TCR!! :) Altrough I am a bit surprised at the weight not being lower with it being a size XS and the SL version? Dod you know the weight of the frame? I have a TCR pro 1 in size 56 with 130 stem, that has about the same weight. 6,85kg with cages and pedals built with campag record. So a XS in the SL version I would have thought to be somewhat lower. But its a fantastic frame! Really really love it!
https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/giant-tc ... cord-34695

JS300

by JS300

alpinestar wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:39 am
Nice TCR!! :) Altrough I am a bit surprised at the weight not being lower with it being a size XS and the SL version? Dod you know the weight of the frame? I have a TCR pro 1 in size 56 with 130 stem, that has about the same weight. 6,85kg with cages and pedals built with campag record. So a XS in the SL version I would have thought to be somewhat lower. But its a fantastic frame! Really really love it!
https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/giant-tc ... cord-34695
Thanks. The Record groupset seems to be over 250g lighter than Ultegra 6800. So, that is probably a big part of the difference. The only change I made to the Ultegra groupset is the crankset, and you seem to have a mix of Record/Super Record. Another variable is your wheelset (I'm not sure what yours weighs), but neither of my wheelsets is super light. If I change to a full Dura Ace 9000 groupset, which is more comparable in weight to Record, I should get down to around 6.5kg.

alpinestar

by alpinestar

My wheels are just some China wheels 25mm wide 50 deep. They weigh 1500 grams for the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Why not pick up a Berk? They're only about $200 USD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JS300

by JS300

alpinestar wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:12 pm
My wheels are just some China wheels 25mm wide 50 deep. They weigh 1500 grams for the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 55mm wheels are 1535g and my 30mm wheels are 1425g. So, as I said before, it seems the difference in our drivetrains seems to account for the biggest difference in weight.