Colnago C60 Neon Orange

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Just managed to pick up two of these frames. There were only 3 made which is pretty cool.

It is one of my favourite colours, I have a Parlee in a matte version, so very happy to have got this opportunity.

They are a 54s and 56s with 10mm low head tubes vs standard, pro team geo essentially and electronic routing.

The 54s is bang on for me fit wise so I will keep that as my personal bike, having sold my 52s RSCG C60 last year to help start my fit studio in London.

It will be cool to have a semi sloping Colnago, I had a 56T C59 and this will sit nicely in the middle. Slightly longer reach but I was running a 130mm on those bikes anyhow.

Build will be R9150, enve 4.5s and finishing kit. I might try and modify some bars to take the new junction port for a nice clean build...

Keen to try a Berk Lupina, I'm wed to Spesh Romin Evo otherwise.

The 56s with 177mm headtube is available...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Love the colour - enjoy the build!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Very nice Elliot.... what I like most is that it's electric only. Meaning no redundant holes messing up the frame. When Colnago first came out with the C59 it was offered in two versions, electric and mechanical, and you would have to choose which one you wanted. I liked that, but understand the practicalities of offering "dual" from a business perspective. I'd say, "Pick one, and be confident in your choice, Dual is for wishy washy people". Ha. At least if you go mechanical with the dual stuff, the redundancy in the frame holes is less apparent. But still, I hate the couple of plugs in my C60 covering up the holes for electric routing. It's the only thing that makes it less than "perfect" :). I suppose if you special ordered a C60, you could opt to have it drilled for one or the other only?

Would you mind taking an accurate measurement of the headtubes on both those frames, from outside to outside of the headset cup flanges. Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to seeing it all built up.

Cal
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Hey Cal,

This one is 169 without cups..but will get what you ask.

56s still in transit to me..

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

So 174 with cups, and it came with the cups installed I presume? Did you actually measure that, or just deduct 10mm from the published geometry charts? I find that sometimes the two don't quite match up exactly and I suppose that's the reason I'm asking. I always check whenever I get one in my hands, or in this case, your hands. :)

Will you be building up the 56S as well when you get it, or keep it on hand for future sale?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

That's stunning!

coloclimber

by coloclimber

HOT!
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Cal..

Cups installed as always, 169 is measured.

I was given pretty vague info and def no geo chart so will work it all out on CAD and draw the frames up.

The 56s will only be built if I sell it as a bike, which I would much prefer so we can document and photograph, seeing as it's a special example.

There is also a 60s but I didn't take that, I will track it down if someone is interested.

Come and see us if you're in London, we make a great coffee and I think you would like my mechanic, he's very nearly as thorough as you!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok, thanks... I've never yet seen a 60 sloping frame. Good call on just taking the 56s... especially if it's for your sale floor. Yes, and if you remember, please do take a measurement of the 56s headtube (from the outside of the flanges, seeing as how you can't build or ride it without the cups installed) for me when it comes in. Thanks.

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

This 54s is 173mm incl cups.

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

Posting an orange bike on Saint Patrick’s Day … that’s some high-concept trolling right there! :wink:

Stunning colorway! Well done.
Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.
Dad: Yeah... well... now his body’s fine, but his mind is gone.

nismosr

by nismosr

wow .. one of my favorite color on a bike ! congrats !
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Gumwalls25

by Gumwalls25

Beautiful color!
Always loved orange, can't wait to see the final build!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Orange and matt carbon looks amazing together. :o