Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod w/ Campy

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

Hi all! I've been lurking around the WW forums for a while now, but I think this is my first post worthy build. Maybe not overly light, but I'm hoping it rides like a dream. I'm sure you lot are just dying for another SuperSix build too . . . :thumbup:

Its been an entire season without my original SuperSix - having crashed it in a typically misjudged endeavour. So I jumped at the opportunity to get a discounted 2016 frame from Cannondale for cheap(ish). The Campy drivetrain on my Omega is excellent, so this SuperSix is furnished in Campy's Record group as opposed to the Dura-Ace 7900 on my old steed. Meshkat at The Lions Cyclery here in Kelowna sourced most of the components and expertly built the bike. I can't speak highly enough of his work.

It's going to be a while before I can put some miles on it - a foot of fluffy Canadian snow being a turn off; but I have no reason to suspect it won't be every bit as brilliant to ride as my last SuperSix.

Some components from FairWheel haven't arrived yet (mostly just red farkles), but when they do I'll be sure to post more pics of the final build.

Component Specification

Chassis & Wheels:

Frame & Fork: 2016 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod (Black w/ White Logos - 63cm)
Headset Spacers: Far and Near Headset Spacer (8mm - Red)
Wheels: Easton EC90 Aero55 (Clincher - Campagnolo Freehub Body)
Skewers: Far and Near Carbon Road Skewers (Red)
Tires: Schwalbe Pro One (Tubeless - 700x25c)
Valve Caps: Far and Near Valve End Caps (Red)

Drivetrain & Brakes:

Crankset: Rotor 3D+ (175mm - 110BCD)
Bottom Bracket: Rotor BB30 (Ceramic - Red)
Chainrings: Praxis Works Road Rings (52/36 - 110BCD)
Chainring Bolts: Far and Near Chainring Bolts (Red)
Cassette: Campagnolo Chorus (11-29 - Lasts longer than Record or SR)
Chain: Campagnolo Record 11
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Record 11
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Record 11
Shifters: Campagnolo Record 11
Cables: Campagnolo Record
Brakes: Campagnolo Record (Dual Pivot Front & Single Pivot Rear)
Brake Pads: BBB Techstop Carbon

Finishing Kit:

Handlebar: Deda Elementi Superleggera 35 (440mm - Polished on Black)
Stem: Deda Elementi Trentecinque (100mm – 8 Degree - Polished on Black)
Seatpost: Mcfk Carbon Seatpost (25.4mm x 320mm - 0 Setback – UD)
Saddle: Fizik Kurve Chameleon
Bar Tape: Lizard Skins DSP 1.8mm (White)
Pedals: Speedplay Zero (Stainless - Black)
Computer Bracket: K-Edge 35mm Garmin Mount (Black)

Weight (without pedals) : 6.61 kg (14.57 lbs)

Update

The SuperSix is still feeling great a couple of years on - although I broke my leg last summer, so didn't manage to get out on the bike much towards the end of last year. On the bright side, I managed to get my hands on a set of ENVE SES 3.4 tubulars for $875 CAD. Add in another $500 CAD for tires and a Campag freehub body and I'm ready to try some tubs for the first time. I suppose it's a nice little bonus that the bike is now down to 13.6 lbs (6.17 kg).

Last edited by BikeSwan on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Landyachtz 1146 Ti Custom
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

. . . and a 500lb KTM :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

bike looks great.

Are you like 6'14"!?!? Lol

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Bianchi10 wrote:Are you like 6'14"!?!? Lol

Ha, my thoughts exactly! Then again, just about everyone's bike looks way bigger than my XS... not sure if I've got bike envy or reverse envy?!

BikeSwan wrote:...just dying for another SuperSix build too . . . :thumbup:

There's always room in my heart for another Supersix Evo build on WW.

Nice to see Cannondale took care of you. I saw that in another post somewhere here.

I didn't see cables listed. From experience, I recommend Alligator I-link shift and Aican Bungarus brake cables. Might drop ~50g next time you re-cable the bike.

Does the cabling length to your rear brake look right? Seems a tad long from my chair, but bike building / set-up isn't my expertise.

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

Bianchi10 wrote:bike looks great.

Are you like 6'14"!?!? Lol

:lol: . . . I'm 6'5" but have rather long legs for my height. Part of the reason I love the SuperSix is how well the 63cm frame size rides. I've found some 'good' bikes don't ride very well when they get made in massive sizes.

Johnny Rad wrote:There's always room in my heart for another Supersix Evo build on WW.

Nice to see Cannondale took care of you. I saw that in another post somewhere here.

I didn't see cables listed. From experience, I recommend Alligator I-link shift and Aican Bungarus brake cables. Might drop ~50g next time you re-cable the bike.

Does the cabling length to your rear brake look right? Seems a tad long from my chair, but bike building / set-up isn't my expertise.

I wanted to use Yokozuna cables, but the casing kept compression-breaking around the bottom bracket - the cabling around the bottom bracket on the SuperSix is a little 'unique' :roll: . I ended up just using Campag Record cables. I'll definitely look into some different cables next time around.

I'm not sure about the cabling around the rear brake. I setup my last SuperSix with a similar amount of cable, so maybe I'm just used to it? Looking at the bike now, it does look a tad long.
Last edited by BikeSwan on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Lovely bike! Love that colorway. What is the length from bb to saddle "top"? I'm the same height as you.

gsindela

by gsindela

That is one MONSTER drop! Nice bike!
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

Nejmann wrote:Lovely bike! Love that colorway. What is the length from bb to saddle "top"? I'm the same height as you.

Thanks! It's 895mm from BB centre to top of saddle. The 642mm seat tube on the size 63 SuperSix helps.
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Bam... I was estimating about 90cm for the saddle height. When I saw your bike I had to text a friend who lives in Kelowna and I asked him who the tallest cyclist in Kelowna was. He said Axel Merckx. I looked up Merckx's height and it was 6'3". I said the rider of that bike is taller than 6'3". And probably has proportionately longer legs for his height judging by the fairly short stem and short reach bars. Ha. And what is the saddle to handlebar drop on that big boy if you know it?
I'm gonna guess a whopping 18cm.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

Calnago wrote:BAnd what is the saddle to handlebar drop on that big boy if you know it?
I'm gonna guess a whopping 18cm.

It's 18cm on the nose. Should I be concerned with you? Have you had access to my living room the past few days? Nice to talk shop with a regular sized human being though :beerchug:

Are we talking THE Axel Merckx? If so, I had no idea he was in Kelowna, and I hope I don't run into him 'cause he'll make me look like I'm riding a 40lb Schwinn.
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, THE Axel Merckx.
No need to be concerned. I'm just a lucky guesser. :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Beaver

by Beaver

Hi, how much room is left between the rim and chain stays? Thanks!

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Wow, that's an amazing build! I own a couple of 60cm builds, but this looks absolutely spectacular! Enjoy it!

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

Beaver wrote:Hi, how much room is left between the rim and chain stays? Thanks!

5.3mm at the tightest spot on both sides.
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

ultyguy

by ultyguy

one of the best looking big builds in here for sure! :thumbup:

Any time on the wheels? thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com