RT-1 NAHBS Bike with Unique Headset(Ceramicspeed)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

morrisond

by morrisond

We (Myself/Mosaic/Blacksmith Cycle/Ceramicspeed) just completed my new ride. It's in the Campy booth at NAHBS.

Pretty Standard RT-1 - with one of Mosaic's new paint Scheme's - it's hard to tell in the pictures but the white line divides two different blacks - Gloss Black and Metallic Black (From the 40th CK Mosaic Bike).

It's full Ceramicspeed - New Headset - Which I think looks great as their is no bulge below the HT - CeramicSpeed BB and Ti 3D printed Pulleys and new UFO Chain.

We were aiming for best function vs light weight

Brooks C13 Carved with Matching Bar Tape
Super Record EPS
Bora Ultra 50mm Clinchers
ENVE SES bar (Love the shape in terms of the tops are a great spot to rest your hands)
ENVE Stem and Garmin Mount
ENVE Bar and Post

Designed for long rides up to 200km.

More pics up on Mosaic's Flickr site https://www.flickr.com/photos/mosaiccyc ... 1158071946
Attachments
33319687256_44a1ae3130_z.jpg
33319690896_6189125c1f_z.jpg
33360249685_4d0460a7ae_z.jpg
Last edited by morrisond on Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

"She's a beaut, Clark." Thanks for sharing pics. The semi-unpainted chain and seat stays look "right."

Welcome to SLC. Hope you enjoy your time here. "They" say "this is the place." Jerry Joseph and I feel obligated to qualify it with "of vacant stares, questionable gods and multiple wives."

morrisond wrote:We were aiming for best function vs light weight

As a longtime member here, I know that you know better than that! Them is fighting words. :thumbup:

morrisond

by morrisond

Follow the link above or this to the Flickr site

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mosaiccyc ... 1158071946

morrisond

by morrisond

Johnny Rad wrote:"She's a beaut, Clark." Thanks for sharing pics. The semi-unpainted chain and seat stays look "right."

Welcome to SLC. Hope you enjoy your time here. "They" say "this is the place." Jerry Joseph and I feel obligated to qualify it with "of vacant stares, questionable gods and multiple wives."

morrisond wrote:We were aiming for best function vs light weight

As a longtime member here, I know that you know better than that! Them is fighting words. :thumbup:

Well - it might be a bunch lighter after it leaves the Campy booth - SiSl2 Cranks with Stages, EE BRakes, Tune Skewers and my Favourite Saddle Tune Speedneedle Marathon if I don't like the Brooks. That should save about a Pound and not impair function at all.

I'm assuming the CeramicSpeed Headset is lighter than a King as well but I don't have an official weight. The 3d Printed Hollow Pulley Wheels apparently are 5-10% lighter - that has to save 2-3 grams right there.....

I like Weenie Bikes but when you are starting with a Ti frame that's probably 1600-1800 grams with Paint, Relatively Heavy ENVE Fork/Post/ SES Aerobars it's hard to get it that light!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

morrisond wrote:...SiSl2 Cranks with Stages, EE BRakes, Tune Skewers and my Favourite Saddle Tune Speedneedle Marathon if I don't like the Brooks

That's the spirit! We knew you'd come around...

:D :D :D

morrisond

by morrisond

I just got the CeramicSpeed Headset weight - 108 Grams vs 140 for a King Inset 8 - 32 gram saving.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

syplam

by syplam

Very nice build, i like how nice the ses bars look from the front. Any other brands give such a sleek look from the front?! Otherwise i might get the ses as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk