Scott RC 900 SL Scale 6,22kg/Spark 7,33kg - "New" Spark page19

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Keep up the awesome work! I knew you'd be able to get it sub 800 once you stripped it, but that is quite impressive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

poynt

by poynt

Gullholm wrote:
wingguy wrote:
Gullholm wrote:788,5g including all hardware.

Well *f##k* me sideways! :shock:

That's a frankly ridiculous achievment from Scott (and your sanding work). Outstanding :thumbup:

That was pretty much my reaction too. :lol:
What makes it even more ridiculous is that the hardware is actually quite heavy, the frame alone weighs 721,5g. Then the brake mount is about 26g and the hanger 24g which leaves around 15-17g for the cable inserts depending on setup. So carbon derailleur hanger and frame inserts should get the total down to below 770g.

I know my old RC will never be as light as this one, but beautiful job so far. Have you seen any of Kai's work, http://fotos.mtb-news.de/u/206325?page=4. Did you remove the front deraileur hanger, mount as well? or will you use it for a chain guide.

Gullholm

by Gullholm

tonytourist wrote:Keep up the awesome work! I knew you'd be able to get it sub 800 once you stripped it, but that is quite impressive.

Thanks, and lots of quite crazy things to come too haha. First time I put it on the scale I thought I'd just slip under the claimed 849g after stripping it, then that I maybe get below 820g but this was a total surprise to me.

poynt wrote:I know my old RC will never be as light as this one, but beautiful job so far. Have you seen any of Kai's work, http://fotos.mtb-news.de/u/206325?page=4. Did you remove the front deraileur hanger, mount as well? or will you use it for a chain guide.

Thank you! Yes I have, that's a crazy thread/build with so much great workmanship going into it. I honestly don't have anywhere near his skills when it comes to making parts etc but I try my best. :beerchug:
The chain guide mount is still there, but I won't use a guide so I have thought about having it removed. Thing is that if I do I would want to have it done properly, as in completely removing it and wrapping new carbon over the area to make it almost look like it was never there. But we'll see what happens, it's not a priority at the moment.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Gullholm wrote:The Spark on the other hand was impressively accurate. Frame including rear shock (but no remote), Sram/Shimano hanger, brake caliper bracket, cable ports for a "regular" setup and 3 bottlecage screws was 1752,2g compared to the claimed "1749g including all hardware).

This weight is insane. My 2016 Spark frame size M weights 1739g without shock and any hardware.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Gullholm

by Gullholm

rainerhq wrote:This weight is insane. My 2016 Spark frame size M weights 1739g without shock and any hardware.

Yeah, both frames really set a new benchmark for lightweight xc frames. Plan is to strip that one too, just need to get the Scale temporarily on wheels so I can get the fit right and order a seat post/saddle combo for it and then find some time (and energy haha) to get started on the Spark.
Hopefully the paint is heavy on that one too, gonna be interesting!

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Deleted
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Did a quick mock-up build with some random parts this morning to get it on wheels and have a look at the seat position. So here's a first look on how the frame turned out. No wax yet so will get a bit darker and shinier later on, and please excuse the grease marks on the downtube - I was in a hurry haha.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

You've done a great job of stripping the frame, and that's a seriously impressive weight! Watching this thread with interest and looking forward to more progress.

HOPPcarbonparts

by HOPPcarbonparts

Good news.

Last edited by HOPPcarbonparts on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gullholm

by Gullholm

HOPPcarbonparts wrote::shock:

That is good news indeed! 765g frame set might be possible now. :beerchug:

If you haven't seen it yet you guys should check out Cristophs other work btw, awesome stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/HOPP-carbon-pa ... 008476062/

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I love the look of the stripped frame. It looks amazing. HoppCarbon Parts are way cool too. Please post a pic with the HoppCarbon parts on the frame.

Have you considered the Xcite Zero fork? That is what I want to use when the 2018 SWorks Epic Hardtail comes out. I haven't heard much about these forks but they are light.

https://r2-bike.com/GERMAN-A-Suspension ... ERO-100-mm
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Arfer01

by Arfer01

Boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gullholm

by Gullholm

godzuki26 wrote:I love the look of the stripped frame. It looks amazing. HoppCarbon Parts are way cool too. Please post a pic with the HoppCarbon parts on the frame.

Have you considered the Xcite Zero fork? That is what I want to use when the 2018 SWorks Epic Hardtail comes out. I haven't heard much about these forks but they are light.

https://r2-bike.com/GERMAN-A-Suspension ... ERO-100-mm

Thanks, and I'm really really looking forward to see a mountainbike build from you. Any plans already except the frame?
And what's the deal with the S-Works, I thought it was a 2017 release but they don't seem to have been able to get many frames out there at all?

I did have a look at the Xcite, and also the WR Compositi fork, but when comparing the lock out version (and I won't build a bike without it) to a Fox the difference in weight wasn't that big.
German-A claims the lock out adds 190g to the fork, and with the Fox stripped along with Extralite axle and carbon parts I should have it down quite close to 1320g maybe. But still haven't gotten started on that project so we'll see.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

HOPPcarbonparts wrote:Good news.

How much weightsaving with those? Price and how to get? :)