Scott RC 900 SL Scale 6,22kg/Spark 7,33kg - "New" Spark page19

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Gullholm

by Gullholm

cerro wrote:How much weightsaving with those? Price and how to get? :)

Saves about 6g, but getting rid of the blue anodizing makes it worth about 60g if you ask me. :wink:

Go to https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... on%20parts and send a message for all the info you need, fast replies and very easy dealing with.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scant

by scant

Gullholm wrote:
godzuki26 wrote:I love the look of the stripped frame. It looks amazing. HoppCarbon Parts are way cool too. Please post a pic with the HoppCarbon parts on the frame.

Have you considered the Xcite Zero fork? That is what I want to use when the 2018 SWorks Epic Hardtail comes out. I haven't heard much about these forks but they are light.

https://r2-bike.com/GERMAN-A-Suspension ... ERO-100-mm

with the Fox stripped along with Extralite axle and carbon parts I should have it down quite close to 1320g maybe. But still haven't gotten started on that project so we'll see.

First of all, impressive & inspiring project. I'm very interested to see the finished bike. I've got a stock fox 32sc & I weighed mine at 2.98lb including the crown race & fox axle (with a 165mm fork steerer). Are you going to strip the paint off the fork as well? I'd be curious to see how much that saves

NiFTY

by NiFTY

This is awesome fork. The attebtion to detail is amazing. And i thought i went overboard with my evo.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gullholm

by Gullholm

scant wrote:First of all, impressive & inspiring project. I'm very interested to see the finished bike. I've got a stock fox 32sc & I weighed mine at 2.98lb including the crown race & fox axle (with a 165mm fork steerer). Are you going to strip the paint off the fork as well? I'd be curious to see how much that saves

Thanks! My two 32SC's with uncut steerer and Kabolt axle weighs:
Matte black with crown adjust - 1389g
Gloss orange with remote adjust - ca1400g (without the actual remote of course)

Plan is to switch the adjustment knobs, so I move the remote part to the black one and run the black fork on the Spark.
I will then strip the orange one to use on the Scale. That one will also see the most tuning, with carbon knobs and tokens from Hopp Carbon, Shift-Up carbon axle and some other things to do with it. It actually looks like I might get it down just below 1300g, but we'll see in a couple of weeks.

NiFTY wrote:This is awesome fork. The attebtion to detail is amazing. And i thought i went overboard with my evo.

Going overboard is half the fun. If not more haha. :beerchug:

scant

by scant

Gullholm wrote:
scant wrote:First of all, impressive & inspiring project. I'm very interested to see the finished bike. I've got a stock fox 32sc & I weighed mine at 2.98lb including the crown race & fox axle (with a 165mm fork steerer). Are you going to strip the paint off the fork as well? I'd be curious to see how much that saves

Plan is to switch the adjustment knobs, so I move the remote part to the black one and run the black fork on the Spark.
I will then strip the orange one to use on the Scale. That one will also see the most tuning, with carbon knobs and tokens from Hopp Carbon, Shift-Up carbon axle and some other things to do with it. It actually looks like I might get it down just below 1300g, but we'll see in a couple of weeks.

to be honest I'm following this thread with interest as you're showing me companies & products that I hadnt even heard of before :oops:
it did occur to me that once the rebound is set, you wouldnt actually need the rebound adjuster in the underside of the right fork leg. looks like its only held on by a tiny allen key bolt. I'm guessing it only weighs a few grams, but looking at the efforts you're going to; it all adds up right :)

Gullholm

by Gullholm

scant wrote:to be honest I'm following this thread with interest as you're showing me companies & products that I hadnt even heard of before :oops:
it did occur to me that once the rebound is set, you wouldnt actually need the rebound adjuster in the underside of the right fork leg. looks like its only held on by a tiny allen key bolt. I'm guessing it only weighs a few grams, but looking at the efforts you're going to; it all adds up right :)

True, it all adds up! So the plan is indeed to remove the rebound adjuster and when not using a QR axle you don't need to be able to change position on the threaded insert in the dropout, so will remove the screw and plate holding it in place. Might just try to put some glue on it so it doesn't fall off as easily when you have to remove the wheel.

Gullholm

by Gullholm

So here is the Acros derailleur, ca283g for the complete system with uncut hoses, excluding matchmaker.
Turned out really nice, love the machined look and will look great together with the other silver parts to contrast all the carbon.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

That is a work of art! Amazing.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

KaiGreene

by KaiGreene

This will surely be a great scale!

I think the aluminum of the derailleur will be 7075. What is meant to make against the oxidize?

Gullholm

by Gullholm

godzuki26 wrote:That is a work of art! Amazing.

Thanks! I honestly can't wait to see the bike put together, hopefully it'll look as good as it does in my head right now haha.

KaiGreene wrote:This will surely be a great scale!

I think the aluminum of the derailleur will be 7075. What is meant to make against the oxidize?

Thank you, been following your project with great interest so good to see you post here!
At the moment it's just raw, I initially meant to have it anodized but didn't have anyone local to do it for me so I just put it together and haven't taken care of it since. All this work with the derailleur was actually done 3 months ago, so in the pic I posted now it already have oxidized a little bit but not too bad.
The fork lowers will oxidize much faster after stripping so I will have to polish them quite often, so I don't really mind going over the derailleur a couple of times too. But eventually I'll probably have it anodized or maybe have your friend Mr. Hopp make it out of carbon instead. :wink:

KaiGreene

by KaiGreene

I would be for the carbon derailleur. Light is just lighter ... :)

Gullholm

by Gullholm

KaiGreene wrote:I would be for the carbon derailleur. Light is just lighter ... :)

Well I can't argue with that. :lol:
Honestly the only thing holding me back is how much I like the looks of it now, but if I really need those grams to get under a certain weight I will for sure go that route!

How's it going with your build and what weight are you currently at?
And how did you get your extra light Thunder Burts? I'm struggling to find a shop willing to help me to get some lighter ones than my current 425,6g+422,7g. Would be great to find a pair that was sub410g each.

KaiGreene

by KaiGreene

Currently I am driving the Rocket Ron 2.1 with 432 / 445g. So it weighs now just 7145g. For the first 2 tours I had equal 2 tire punctures with the Thunder Burt's. That was too much for me and have switched to the Ron's.

Ultimately, my Scale is a competition MTB and it must work just there .

The next step will be to finish the XTR 9000 rear derailleur made of carbon and my another buddy will make me a carbon stem in Flatforce geometry.

Looks so instantly

marecej

by marecej

Gullholm wrote:

NiFTY wrote:This is awesome fork. The attebtion to detail is amazing. And i thought i went overboard with my evo.

Going overboard is half the fun. If not more haha. :beerchug:

what is a shift up carbon axle?
Unno Horn = 8100g
Ellsworth Truth = 9371g

wingguy

by wingguy

marecej wrote:what is a shift up carbon axle?

I would say there's a better than outside chance that it's a carbon thru-axle made by a company called Shift-Up :wink:

Like this one

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com