2017 Cannondale Super Six Evo - Hi Mod (Complete pg. 3)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

Somehow 1% turns into 10% and then...

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

RyanH wrote:Somehow 1% turns into 10% and then...

It's a nightmare. I was sure it wasn't looking this shabby when I went to bed last night...

In chain ring news decided to give these a try. It's winter here so I'm interested to try them out while I'm just clocking up the km's

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Osymetric update:

Looks like it's round rings for me. This is the FD at the max height. Way too low to work. Will try these out on the TT bike.

OB1knb

by OB1knb

glam2deaf wrote:Osymetric update:

Looks like it's round rings for me. This is the FD at the max height. Way too low to work. Will try these out on the TT bike.

Great bike! I have a 2016 him evo and love it ( my 3rd evo btw)- the paint job is in typical Dale shoddy style, better than 2015 and 2014 but not quite there with Spesh...
Currently I have DA di2 but was thinking to move over to Sram etap as I have had cables popping left right and centre this summer...

Any issues with the etap FD set-up with Cannondale chainset?

I love the frame as it descends like a dream and good on the inclines (Alps tested!) but planning to respray.
I like the black matte with the silver accents ( maybe with some dale green here and there- any suggestions?

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

OB1knb wrote:Any issues with the etap FD set-up with Cannondale chainset?

For a while I was having a bit of trouble. Took me a while to realise it was because my chain was really worn. As soon as I switched to a new chain my shifting was perfect on the Cannondale Rings. I haven't used other electronic groups, but compared to mechanical, etap seems quite sensitive to to the condition of your chain.

This paint job is superb, it's just so simple. Quality is fine so far, just a couple of stone chips on the bottom of the down tube. But that is to be expected. Rural NZ roads are not the most forgiving riding surface.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I forgot you're in NewZealand!

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Yeah I'm based up in Hamilton, lots or rural roads around here.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Man, really love this bike and the fit you have on it. Great job!

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Cheers man, still love this bike every time I get on it.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

glam2deaf wrote:Yeah I'm based up in Hamilton, lots or rural roads around here.

Cow shit clean downs :lol:

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

dereksmalls wrote:
glam2deaf wrote:Yeah I'm based up in Hamilton, lots or rural roads around here.

Cow shit clean downs :lol:

+
for the shoes.

haha

Sobrins

by Sobrins

Hi. Do you know if the cannondale letters in this frame are a vinyl or are they two layers of black metallic and chrome paint? And the rest of the details of the painting?
The top of the horizontal tube that is not metallic black I suppose if it is a coat of paint but my doubt is in the logo of cannondale and in the different chrome details.
Sorry for this english and thanks

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

glam2deaf wrote:Osymetric update:

Hey, did you ride with the oval rings?

If so how did you find them?

I've heard & read mixed reviews

Spring's here...weather's worse :wink:
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Sobrins wrote:Hi. Do you know if the cannondale letters in this frame are a vinyl or are they two layers of black metallic and chrome paint? And the rest of the details of the painting?
The top of the horizontal tube that is not metallic black I suppose if it is a coat of paint but my doubt is in the logo of cannondale and in the different chrome details.

I discovered this chip at the back of the fork, and from the looks of it, the chrome is a layer of pain under the black. The top tube is also 2 different colours, black and slightly grey/black

@Squashednuts

Kinda hard to see in that pic, but I couldn't get the front derailleur high enough without the spacer that I didn't have at the time. Still on round rings on this. I've got the spacer now and running these on my TT bike. They're pretty cool, don't really notice too much difference. My power looks to be about the same. I've got a set of Praxis 56/42 rings on back order so I'll probably go for them.

We're off to a great spring. I had 3 hours in the fog on Friday morning, rain yesterday, and wet Te Awamutu back roads for 180km today. Not the day for the white shoes, socks and clean bike that I used today... I'll learn one day.

Sobrins

by Sobrins

glam2deaf wrote:
Sobrins wrote:Hi. Do you know if the cannondale letters in this frame are a vinyl or are they two layers of black metallic and chrome paint? And the rest of the details of the painting?

I discovered this chip at the back of the fork, and from the looks of it, the chrome is a layer of pain under the black. The top tube is also 2 different colours, black and slightly grey/black

@Squashednuts

Kinda hard to see in that pic, but I couldn't get the front derailleur high enough without the spacer that I didn't have at the time. Still on round rings on this. I've got the spacer now and running these on my TT bike. They're pretty cool, don't really notice too much difference. My power looks to be about the same. I've got a set of Praxis 56/42 rings on back order so I'll probably go for them.

We're off to a great spring. I had 3 hours in the fog on Friday morning, rain yesterday, and wet Te Awamutu back roads for 180km today. Not the day for the white shoes, socks and clean bike that I used today... I'll learn one day.

Thank you so much for the quick and friendly response. :beerchug:
If you could do some photos to the inner part of the seatstay and chainstay as well as the back of the seat tube to fully appreciate the painting work would appreciate it infinite :thanx:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com