2017 Cannondale Super Six Evo - Hi Mod (Complete pg. 3)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

glam2deaf
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

Thanks to an injury I've had far too much spare time on my hands, so the S5 has been sold and it's back to Cannondale. Looking at my options for a new bike, other than going to steel, there really ins't anthing else that really excites me.

Frame showed up a couple of days ago, now I'm going to slowly piece it together. This black and chrome paint job is stunning! Size 58, so there is a bit of a weight penalty.

Image
Image

Weights of everything to follow.
Last edited by glam2deaf on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

glam2deaf
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

Some weights:

Frame: 860 grams, all bolts and hardware removed
Image

Fork: 290 grams, uncut.
Image

Seatpost: 196 grams, again uncut, this is the di2 specific seatpost so it has the alloy mounting for a battery.
Image

by Weenie


locktopus
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:47 pm

by locktopus

That black/chrome colour way is great!

burglarboycie
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 pm
Location: Northamptonshire UK

by burglarboycie

Yes!! I was looking at this frameset only yesterday and thought I'd like a go at building one of those. Really can't wait to see it coming together.

glam2deaf
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

Yeah I swear this is one of the best paint jobs Cannondale has done which doesn't have Saeco written on it.

More odds and ends:

Image
Image
Image
Image

130mm 17 degree 3T ARX2 stripped and upgraded with Skunkworks Black Ti
Image

Tune cages and bolts
Image
Image

eeBrakes
Image
Image

garjo
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:41 pm
Location: ITALY

by garjo

I like a lot this minimalistic paint scheme for 2017, looks like the trend is going in that way..

superdx
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:27 pm

by superdx

Wow, 860g for the frame, did a double take. But then I saw the size lol. Can't wait to see this built out!

reedplayer
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:10 am

by reedplayer

is the 860 gr frame-weight including the bottom bracket?

glam2deaf
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

860 is frame only, no bb, bolts, seat clamp, or hanger.

User avatar
thencameyou
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Nu Zild

by thencameyou

like where this is going - should be sub-6.8 with clinchers? Etap build?

Johnny Rad
Posts: 1803
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:22 am
Location: Zion

by Johnny Rad

glam2deaf wrote:Image

Looks like the seatpost clamp has a lip on the inner diameter so it'll sit nicely on the top of the seatpost. Am I mistaken? My Scott has it, which seems like a good idea assuming that's important to clamping.

glam2deaf
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

thencameyou wrote:like where this is going - should be sub-6.8 with clinchers? Etap build?


Hoping for as close to as possible. Doing the odd UCI race don't want to fall fowl of the rules.

Currently have a set of Bontrager RXXXL carbon clinchers, and a set of Vittoria Ellusion Neros, so a bit of a choice.

Going to be running a Rotor 3d SRM so that will add to the weight.

Johnny Rad wrote:Looks like the seatpost clamp has a lip on the inner diameter so it'll sit nicely on the top of the seatpost. Am I mistaken? My Scott has it, which seems like a good idea assuming that's important to clamping.


Yep thats right, it's a nice feature to make it sit nice. I've run aero posts for so long it's been a while since I've played with a clamp.

glam2deaf
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

Few more parts:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

glam2deaf
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

Image
Sworks Power saddle.

piercebrew
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:12 pm

by piercebrew

I like this build. I just purchased this frame and I'm waiting for delivery. Question for you what comes with the frame? What did you need to buy? headset? seat post clamp?
Thank in advance.
glam2deaf wrote:Thanks to an injury I've had far too much spare time on my hands, so the S5 has been sold and it's back to Cannondale. Looking at my options for a new bike, other than going to steel, there really ins't anthing else that really excites me.

Frame showed up a couple of days ago, now I'm going to slowly piece it together. This black and chrome paint job is stunning! Size 58, so there is a bit of a weight penalty.

Image
Image

Weights of everything to follow.

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post