KWalker's Stinner Hyperspace "Forever Bike"

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sam

by Sam

Did you consider the same colour scheme but matte instead of gloss?

by Weenie

jeffy

by jeffy

interested to hear how the modified Berk Lupina compares to the Power. The Berk Lupina sure looks like a Romin....

KWalker

by KWalker

Lupina is much more like a Toupe. It won't be that much shorter- the Lupina measures longer than a Romin to begin with.

Sam- No, I hate matte on bikes unless it's nude ti or carbon. Even then it's a pain to keep looking nice and clean over time as it sucks to buff out surface scratches.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

mile2424

by mile2424

Awesome design and idea! I had a similar idea for my reflectivenge, but my shapes turned a little more sporadic instead of the straight lines. Looks great though! Nicely done and love the idea. Can't wait to see some better shots out in the sunlight.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

One of my favorite paint jobs there. I talked to stinner for a long time and we talked about the email thing and trying to get the customer exactly what they want. It's something that is critical to the new age of custom. Congrats on the bike and enjoy!
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

wingguy

by wingguy

KWalker wrote:It's a 58 TT, 55 HT. Long n low!

KWalker

by KWalker

kevosinn wrote:One of my favorite paint jobs there. I talked to stinner for a long time and we talked about the email thing and trying to get the customer exactly what they want. It's something that is critical to the new age of custom. Congrats on the bike and enjoy!

Shit, I hope I wasn't an example of a "bad" customer!

I think some kind of product form similar to what Product Managers use to spec to developers might be applicable.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Haha no you didn't come up at all it was just a general conversation that we had. Those guys are awesome over there.

I'm working on a form that should cover most the general info to get started. But we both agreed that one on one customer interaction is what makes a purchase like this special.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

BmanX

by BmanX

Rob English is and I hope still is extremely good at conversations with his customers. When I purchased my frame, we had lots of one on one talks about what I wanted out of a frame.
Last edited by BmanX on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

beeatnik

by beeatnik

KWalker wrote:
kevosinn wrote:One of my favorite paint jobs there. I talked to stinner for a long time and we talked about the email thing and trying to get the customer exactly what they want. It's something that is critical to the new age of custom. Congrats on the bike and enjoy!

Shit, I hope I wasn't an example of a "bad" customer!

I think some kind of product form similar to what Product Managers use to spec to developers might be applicable.

Who interfaces with customers over there? Mark Edwards? Word on the street is that AS exclusively inhabits the business dev-figurehead positions.

KWalker

by KWalker

At Stinner it's Jeremy Platz. The initial convo began with Aaron and Jeremy only took over once we had the general build parameters in order and the NAHBS plans.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Stunning! Waiting to see your own build.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

fantastic! Looking forward to seeing this completed.
Check out my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nickarend/

-Pas Normal Studios

KWalker

by KWalker

Turns out the 3.4s are delayed till end of April, so I'm scrambling to build up something as a backup. Looking at Bitex hubs and SL25s I have sitting around.

They're shooting gallery photos today so at least there will be those!
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie