KWalker's Stinner Hyperspace "Forever Bike"

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

Yup, and I'm sure it will but maybe in a different capacity. There's more behind it that I just don't want on a public forum or feel comfortable speaking about (not related to this bike).
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

boysa

by boysa

I could've written a lot of that myself, therefore I certainly understand much of what you are saying. Today was Masters Nationals, but instead of racing in Georgia I was coaching my son's Little League game. I made the right choice. For me.

I do hope you find your way back. I know it was a real passion for you, and it is a beautiful sport.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

by Weenie

colster

by colster

KWalker wrote:Both were replaced, but the mechanic working on the bike had a heart attack. So, I never got to ride the bike.

Hang on - do you mean in the middle of this whole saga your mechanic literally had a heart attack???

KWalker

by KWalker

Yes, he did while working on the bike replacing the hydro line and di2 wire that were damaged in shipping.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

53x12

by 53x12

I thought you meant the figuratively. Didn't realize that was literal.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

KWalker

by KWalker

Oh no, he literally keeled over and went to the hospital. This bike was cursed from the get go!
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

KWalker wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:23 pm
It's not a paint job, but the entire financial/bank/legal dispute involved in the return. TBH I was fairly burnt out on the road scene anyways and with the destruction of my rear derailleur on my Tarmac and sale of that bike the day the Stinner arrived I was left with no road bike. I was riding the MTB, but with our weather the trails were iffy so I started rock climbing more than I already was. And realized that I did not want to invest $6k in the Open I had planned if it wasn't something that I absolutely wanted to do as much as I was.

So I decided to go day by day with what it is I wanted to do that day and honestly road riding never crossed my mind. I love bikes, commute by bike, and still own WW'd out Yeti that I ride twice a week for basic cardio and maybe some day I'll want to really get into road riding again, but for now I'd like to pursue sports that I find have a better community, challenge, and outcome for what I want at the moment. I also found that I had an issue with detaching from riding and training as much as I was when I cared about racing and was a bit bored of it all plus it made me very inflexible, selfish, and one dimensional.

As I said I still love the tech side of bikes and really enjoy working on them and still follow pro racing so it's not a complete departure. But it's the first time ever that my wife can remember where my weekend wasn't oriented around when I could ride, which is nice.
just buy some cheap fast and fun Chinese carbon and stop worrying about gear

bilwit

by bilwit

damn shame about the bike but IMO it still looked pretty dope regardless, maybe didn't stand out at first glance like you wanted though (the chameleon paint they used just doesn't work against a black background, not enough contrast unless they used some sort of flat/pastel or mixed it to make it substantially brighter instead)

MRM

by MRM

If your heart is still in it, talk to Ron Jones (notenoughswedes on instagram). He does amazing work and spectacular chameleon paint schemes. Just not sure if he also does non Specialized.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

MRM wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:58 pm
If your heart is still in it, talk to Ron Jones (notenoughswedes on instagram). He does amazing work and spectacular chameleon paint schemes. Just not sure if he also does non Specialized.
I'm pretty sure that he does do bikes other than Specialized...
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT